seronegative arthritis

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 27. Mar 2012, 12:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
One of my many diagnosis is now seronegative arthritis Had the £50 special blood test as my rheumy says but results of that are negative!
Although my crp is raised :!: So not really sure what Ive got to be honest.
Anyone here the same as me :?:
Maria

Comments

• MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 288
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maria
    was the blood test the HLAB27
    if it is that one mine came back positive. as soon as they saw that thats when they said i had ankleosing spondylitus

ive got the full lot of them, oa,ra,anky spon and now PA
    also uviitus,eyeritus and a lupus emzine but not fully blown lupus.
    seronegative arthritis has been mentioned in the past but cos ive lost track of what ive got i just sweep that one under the carpet.

if my consultant had to sit down and explain all the conditions i have got i dont think a day would be long enough.

both my crp and esr are slowly going back up and are now in the 40-50 region. still much better than before i started on anti tnf infliximab though. esr was 97 and crp 122 before that.

good luck and keep us posted.
    it can take ages to get a full diagnosis
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have psoriatic arthritis, my RF factor was always negative (I believe there is an RA which is also the same) but my ESR and CRP were always mahoosive, up in the 160s and 170s. Your raised CRP figure is indicative of an inflammatory arthritis, but pinning down which one can take some time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi maria....i was diagnosed as sero neg..26yrs ago and still come up on testing sero neg. now...but..have the diagnosis of RA....so dont think it proves anything on its own...think the rhuemys take lots of other things into consideration...if they are any good..
    JAJA
  • annalou
    annalou Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi I too have psoriatic arthritis and my blood results continue to be normal although I don't know exact measures, just normal! I was diagnosed this week by the fact that synovitis (inflammation) was showing up in both my feet and some fingers on ultrasound scans, also repetitive achilles tendonitis and episcleritis.
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies
    I am lucky I have a really good Rheumy Guy & he never gives up
    Always trying to find out whats going on with me
    He says Im special I say I would rather be well than special!
    He is so easy to get on with & I always leave feeling positive
    But at min its really getting me down damn pain ggggrrrrrrr
    Keep well
    Maria
  • Littlestar
    Littlestar Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi everyone

Could you please explain what zero negative arthritis is & how is it diagnosed?
    Ty littlestar
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi,

I was told I had sero-neg arthritis, 12yrs ago. The rheumy that diagnosed me was lovely and explained that even though I had a negative RF, I could still have arthritis. Alas, I never seen her again and eventually got discharged from the hospital. Any other rheumy I've seen (and that's alot!) have never mentioned this and don't believe I have arthritis at all. I have since had a positive RF and I'm waiting to see if rheumy (not the original one) will see me again.

I get very angry sometimes when I think that if only one rheumy would believe in this sero-neg arthritis, then maybe I would have had some proper treatment over the past 12yrs.
    I'm not lucky with rheumys, I think they have me down as a time-waster.

Hope you get all the help you can, it sounds like you have a very understanding rheumy,

Take care,

Magenta x
  • maria09
    Options
    Littlestar wrote:
    Hi everyone

Could you please explain what zero negative arthritis is & how is it diagnosed?
    Ty littlestar

Hi Littlestar, There is a very good fact sheet on here that explains exactly what it is. Ive just downloaded it to show my boss shes as caring as postage stamp!
    Hope it helps
  • maria09
    Options
    MrDJ wrote:
    Hi Maria
    was the blood test the HLAB27
    if it is that one mine came back positive. as soon as they saw that thats when they said i had ankleosing spondylitus

ive got the full lot of them, oa,ra,anky spon and now PA
    also uviitus,eyeritus and a lupus emzine but not fully blown lupus.
    seronegative arthritis has been mentioned in the past but cos ive lost track of what ive got i just sweep that one under the carpet.

if my consultant had to sit down and explain all the conditions i have got i dont think a day would be long enough.

both my crp and esr are slowly going back up and are now in the 40-50 region. still much better than before i started on anti tnf infliximab though. esr was 97 and crp 122 before that.

good luck and keep us posted.
    it can take ages to get a full diagnosis
    Yes thats the one mine was negative! So whats next on my list? :lol:
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Yes thats the one mine was negative! So whats next on my list? :lol:

that blood test is specifically (as far as i know) to diagnose ankleosing spondylitis which affects the spine. if yours is negative then thats a good thing.
    i have no idea what they might try next but welcome to the guinea pig club. been there and got the tee shirt. :lol:
    it can take ages to find out what the cause is as theres quite a few different sorts of arthritis and also other conditions that can cause the same sort of pain.
    good luck and i hope they help you out soon.
    Jim
  • Aimer66
    Aimer66 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Another sero-negative here.

I was told by by Rhumey that I have sero-neg inflammatory arthritis with features of other types of arthritis (PsA).

My CRP and ESR are always through the roof when going through a flair (symptoms posted elsewhere).

I have been under him for 2 years now and this is as close as I have got to a diagnoses.

Keep a diary and note every little symptom you have as it will make a diagnoses easier.

All the best,

Mark.
    Want what you have.
  • maria09
    Options
    Thanks guys
    Next appointment with consultant is in May
    Good idea on keeping a diary
    Maria
  • Littlestar
    Options
    Hi everyone I hope this lovely weather is doing you all the worth of good!
    I have been diagnosed with sero negative inflammatory arthritis today
    I was wondering does anyone on here receive DLA for it?

Ty littlestar
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A number of us receive DLA for all sorts of reasons, Littlestar. You won't know if you are entitled until you apply. I receive the mobility part as I am reliant on crutches and now a rollator to get about, but not the care part as I can still (just about) take care of myself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Littlestar
    Options
    Thanks DD
    My OT has given me a few things to help me at home.
    I will fill in the forms & see what happens.
    Littlestar