Tooth ache

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 19. Mar 2012, 10:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
So, my good forum friends, what does tooth ache feel like? Fortunately, I've never had it before but I think I may do. I have oral thrush (poor tongue) in addition to several rather large persistent ulcers inside my lip which are being treated by steroid meltlets. The gum by the ulcers is very red and swollen. The outside of my mouth is swollen and painful, feels like jaw pain, although I'm wondering if it's tooth ache. The teeth by the swollen gum look normal.

Any tips/advice please? I'm desperate and very hungry, at the moment I am only managing soup and yoghurt. This has been going on for over a week!

Thank you,
Sophie :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't think you have toothache (as rehab44 wisely says you dunnarf know when you do) but you could have an infection thanks to the ulcers - get thee to either a pharmacist, your GP or maybe your dentist? We are not the ones to diagnose or advise but I think you do need someone to check it out. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Don't worry, I have been to the doctor. He said to come back on Tuesday if things haven't improved. The ulcers have improved as has the swelling but I just wondered if it was tooth ache. I'm also in desperate need of a dentist check-up too :oops: Just trying to self-diagnose as usual!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    A dentist once showed me how to find if you have a tooth aching or not, just gently tap each tooth in the area of contention with something hard, say the handle of your tooth brush or something matalic that will tell you if ones duff, trust me it works.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mell mine did that to my tooth that was painfull i had real trouble getting back down off the ceiling ouch is nothing on what i said val
    val