QUIET THIS MORNING

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 20. Mar 2012, 06:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well its so quiet after all that went on yesterday how many of us are feeling rather sheepish today “ I am “ but half expected that other post to be deleted today by the site management. Why would anyone expect any less these people who look after the forum must at times have a difficult job to do. Keeping everybody happy at all times is an impossible task, what suits one doesn’t suit another and never will.
I read the post at tea time last night and thought I would Post this morning in defence of the forum and Elna’s choice of words. Now that I know the full story I can see why she made the statement she did, I also understand why she did not just blurt it out on the forum. I think it was wrong for Elna to be ridiculed in the way she was as far as I am concerned she is a Lady, she has been so supportive to many of us and does not deserve to be treated in that way.
I realise that what started in fun and banter turned rather sour in a short period of time. I should point out that it was just banter and no malice intended
I do hope Elna is OK this morning. I’m sure I will enjoy chatting with both Rehab and Rehab44 in the future. Now I should decide whether or not I should place this post and if it will cause yet further problems. Ill have to take my chance. Elna if I offended you or rehab in any way it was purely unintentional and as I say it was something that started light hearted.
COLIN
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aw, dear Colin, thank you for posting. I have not been offended by anything. I had a lovely Mothering Sunday and only had time in my busy day to call in, I think twice, to have a quick look at threads. In fact I did not read many postings at all on the thread that was later removed, so have no idea what was being said about me or anything else on that thread. Sorry to disappoint some posters, perhaps, but I hope it kept one and all involved, happily occupied and while you were discussing me, you were leaving everyone else alone. :lol: By the time, I arrived back home just before 9.00 pm the thread was no longer there.

You are a gentleman, Colin. :) You take care and look after yourself and thank you for your kind words and for looking out for me. :)

Sending over a gentle hug to you,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are right Colin and it takes a very brave person to speak out against such comments. So thank you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein