My Son has to go see the rhematology

Options
weemillie03
weemillie03 Member Posts: 16
edited 21. Mar 2012, 08:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I'm sorry i haven't been in touch for a while ,but i have so many appo with the rheumy & other clinics.
The thing is my son has had Bone Cracking for some time and i have took him to the doctors last week and she said would refer him to rheumy as his bloods came back normal.
The thing is his bones don't just Crack like mine they actually Pop and they do this all over his full body and last week it was his Ribs it's just not right that a fit and healthy boy of 22 years of age has this problem.
I was diagnosed when i was 3 years of age with C.J.A and i now have all the problems that go with this ,the last thing i want is to see my son go through anything like this at all.

I would be grateful if anyone in the group has any info about this would they share it with me as maybe i just a worrying mother but he had a lung collaped 4 years ago, and then he wasn't even poorly he was fine .

Thanx in advance and hope to hear from you soon.
Lorraine :?

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I wish i could help but i know nothing about this, I just thought i would wish you both good luck with the appointmen.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't help either. I've never had popping or cracking (creaking, yes) bones and I don't even know what CJA stands for. I do think though that, if your son has been referred to a rheumatologist, that's probably the best thing that can happen to him right now. I know it's useless telling you not to worry (Once a Mum, always a Mum :roll: - me too) but you have done the right thing. You've got him to the GP. The bloods are normal so the GP is referring him. That's good and, by many standards, quick. I hope he can get a diagnosis soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i know we would all rather suffer than have our children suffer so i do feel for you but on the positive side you know what helps and what does not and that early meds can help stop dammage good luck val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    just wanted to wish you both the best of luck, sorry I can't help either, let us know the outcome of his appointment?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP