OH making a meal of it! :-)

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 20. Mar 2012, 18:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
How does one deal with it?

I've had a fair few Ops in the last 15yrs.............OH normally leaves me at the hospital door, waves tata, then picks me up when i get kicked out! ;-)

Now the boot is gonna be on the other foot he's crapping himself and being all........."ooh but the letter says this" and "the admission leaflet says something different"............and "why can;t i have a side room" (he's going NHS!)

If it wasn't so funny I'd be tearing my hair out!

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey thats us Men When my wife has been in hospital i visit twice a day even if its to ask how to turn on the washing machine. I hate it if shes ill, When i'm in hospital you might as well move her in with me.

She says i could make a living out of moaning LOL

Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    J has always been there when I need her so the least I can do is return the favour for her now she has an illness.. I'm rather used to the while hospital thing, it's still fairly new for her though. She's a tough one though, proper Northern lass so takes it all in her stride lol..

I cry like a baby.. Lol
    Just kidding :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I must say Mr SW is brilliant at dealing with my ops. He tells me for 24 hours beforehand how well I'm dealing with it and how he'd be crapping himself if it were him. (That's how men do reassurance. :roll: ) Then he visits every day bearing the newspaper & proceeds to read it at my bedside. One nurse thought an old friend was my husband 'Because he always talks to you and kisses you.' (Ah, my dear, young lass. If only I knew as little about marriage as you do.) He does, however, come into his own afterwards. I doubt he'd ever have learnt to cook without my ops and he's actually pretty good at it now though his portions are not for the faint-hearted.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i would be lost with my oh he does not do fuss but he does suport and be there when needed even if he does nip of to nearest pub while i was having wisdom teeth out (they were compacted) if you had seen the bruise on sturnum well it was foot sizes he came back as i was waking after having eaten and seen match bless him i think
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'm wondering which hospital Sticky visits, where strangers kiss you :shock: :lol:
    You don't normally get THAT kind of aftercare on the NHS :? :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP