fibromyalgia and ???

Options
purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn Member Posts: 67
edited 1. May 2012, 07:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning all
I had my first physio appt yesterday, having had a diagnosis of fibro the day before by my GP. My goodness she was thorough...I was prodded and poked and pushed and the upshot is that she says there is something other than fibro going on as the lower part of my spine has virtually no movement whatsoever. My hips seem to be ok mobility and strength wise, it's literally the lower spine and when she was feeling it I almost went through the roof. And boy did I suffer all night because of it.

Anyway, she wants me to ask the GP to refer me to a rheumy to investigate my back. I have a sneaky feeling it is AS, so here we go again!

X

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Were here to support you on your way luvie..

((()))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi Purple, well your phisio certainly seemed to have been thorough.
    Although i dont have AS i have fibro as you know and also probs with lower back with degenerative changes but nothing severe apparently.
    Will be interested to find out what yr doc thinks to this.

All the best hun, take care n rest today, remember the hottie strapped to the back : ) xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thinking of you. Mig
  • purpleunicorn
    Options
    It's a long time since I had a hottie strapped to my back Clare...or my front for that matter!!!

X
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh purple, you have been dragged through the ringer, I hope your G.P pulls there finger out and gets something sorted for your back. Back pain is horrible at the best of times! You take it easy purple and hope you get some pain relief for your back soon.
  • purpleunicorn
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :)

Well, no rest for me unfortunately because I had to get some food shopping (thank God for home delivery). I had to use my stick because my right hip thigh and knee were really painful and weak, plus my back. BUT the weirdest thing happened - I could feel my right arm getting hot, nd then painful in the shoulder and then my whole right arm went hot, numb and my right hand went puffy and red. It is the opposite side to the stick otherwise I'd have put it down to that. It was quite scary; luckily I had my eldest daughter with me because I couldn't carry anything in that hand. It eased off after about half an hour or so.

Is there no end to the aches, pains and swellings???

x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    you, my dear sir appear to be a spamster of some description, I bid you farewell... :D
    If you suffer from aching joints, debilitating pain in your back, and fatigue no matter how much you rest, you could be suffering from Fibromyalgia. Doctors are just now learning how to properly diagnose and treat this condition. There are non-invasive or minimally invasive ways to treat Fibromyalgia, and the staff at Interventional Pain Associates in Austin, TX, are leading the way in new treatment methods for this condition. If you wake up every day with an aching body and no clear sign of trauma, you may have this condition. Contact Interventional Pain Associates today to learn more..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP