Sunny weather, best medicine!!

Options
emsjane
emsjane Member Posts: 351
edited 26. Mar 2012, 07:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

Ive been feeling really down lately, crying most days!

Partly because of the arthritis and the restrictions it puts on me and partly because i can't get a job and partly because our finances are so dire!!

BUT, even though i woke up very low this morning and just didn't even want to get out of bed, i made myself get up and do some housework and THEN the sun came out!!!!!

I sat in the garden for about half and hour and i feel sooo much better, feeling the warmth of the sun on my body has cheered me up no end!! :)

I hope everyone enjoys the lovely weather that is on the way and have a lovely weekend :D

ensoleille.gif
LOVE EMMA X

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Emma I do agree, and sitting in the sun is something I can still do quite well!
    All the best.
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Emma
    What a lovely thread, you are right the sun really does give us a boost, and what better than sitting in your garden and listening to the little birds singing away...you take care xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • spacey
    spacey Member Posts: 126
    Options
    lovely and sunny here too - I feel good today not too sure if its all down to the weather as I had my steroid jab on tuesday but have plently of energy for once! daffodils always cheer me up and we have plenty on the walk up to school.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    The sun does wonders to cheer us up and i have beef stew and dumplings for tea you just cant win. :shock: :lol: Mig
  • waddle
    waddle Member Posts: 116
    Options
    i love the sunny weather really lifts the spirits and boy do we need the spirits lifting. :D

i hope you start to feel brighter soon xxx
    Waddle :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You are quite right, emsjane. The sun does give us all a lift and I’m very pleased it’s raised your spirits. (Don’t give up the meds just yet, though :D .)

Mig – don’t worry. It’ll be cold again by the time that stew’s ready for eating.
    :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Thanks everyone, the sun really did help today :D
    LOVE EMMA X
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Have to agree ; ate breakfast then down to the beach with hubby and Betsy dog . Gorgeous rejuvenating day . Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    As much as I love the warm sunny weather we have had over the weekend my ankles and feet have'nt! They swelled up and wearing shoes has been impossible! Made it hard and uncomfortable to walk the short distance while at the hairdressers from my chair to the wash basin.
    And it was painful doing small amounts of walking round the garden centre buying plants and troffs. And sat in the garden doing my herb garden. Now got my feet up trying to get swelling down!!
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    I had a lovely day in the sunshine yesterday.
    We went to Bungayin Suffolk with my sister and bil and had a small walk on the common. It is lovely there, trees, grass, birds and very peaceful.
    My sister on her rollator and me with my stick, we managed to walk a little way onto the common.
    Then we sat outside in the little cafe garden and had a mug of tea, watching the large Koi Carp in the pond.
    On the way back we called into the Nursery Garden Centre and I got a couple of Clematis with the money my eldest daughter gave me for Mothers Day, + a few other plants I took a liking to.
    I really enjoyed it and so far I am not suffering too much for the extra exercise.
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    I missed yesterday's sun by being in bed all day but I fully intend to get out in it for a little while today.

My neighbour came round and put a load of my washing on the line for me. I love fresh off the line bed linen, it smells just right.

Fols x