UPDATE ON HOSPITAL TODAY

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 26. Mar 2012, 07:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone
Thanks for all your support.
I arrived at the hospital at 8am {that was what was on the letter} I expected a wait but I thought our reception is quite comfortable, cafe, shop etc and I'll take some mags and I'll wander about if I stiffen up.
I got there and they sent me upstairs, into a little cubicle and there i sat from 8am until 2pm 6 HOURS !!!!!!!! :x
At 2pm I was taken into theatre and like nursing staff said when i phoned .....it did only take about 30mins
Back to the cubicle and sit and wait and wait, for nursing staff to dress my leg, give me paperwork, make me a cup of tea and tell me to stay there for 20 mins or so.
So all in all dont feel great tonight. Lack of food I suppose but dont feel like eating tonight. Just had a toasted sandwich with cheese.
Got a pain diary to fill in and I have to go back in 4 week to see the consultant.
Well thats about it
Thanks again
Love
Hileena

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Take it easy and rest up good .(((())))Mig
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Just do as you were told and rest.
    This is what they do....you think your getting somewhere and its an endless wait.
    Try and get a good nights sleep and I'll speak to you tomorrow.
    Love May
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hm, the ups and downs of hospitals, eh, Hileena. I think you should rest, eat when you feel up to it, get a good night's sleep and then tell us how you feel tomorrow.

Well, that's my prescription. Now get Mr H to pop down to the pharmacy with it. :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    At least that's done now. Make sure you rest and take it easy.

Fols x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Hileena
    Its awful when they make you wait all day,if only they had to do the same maybe things would change..anyway you are all done..and I really do hope it helps xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • barabrith
    barabrith Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello Hileena

That sounds like a very waring day! At least it's behind you now and hopefully things will look brighter in the morning and you'll be up to enjoying the weekend.

Best wishes
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Hileena, what a horrid day for you. I am so sorry. I should think you did not feel good by the time you got back home. I hope you did not get dehydrated.

You need to be pampered tomorrow. :) I hope this ordeal today, helps you in some way to get answers that you badly need.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Well I'm only popping on and off and doing a couple of posts and then going and stretching out on the settee....wont be long before i go to bed....even if its only to lie and read..
    I came on, saw all your lovely replies and thought I should acknowledge them.
    Should be back to normal tomorrow.
    Oh yes....just looked at the pain diary the nurse gave me. Remember this was an aspiration to see if the THR was still in place/was OK etc etc.
    The pain diary.....1 sheet of paper

PAIN DIARY AFTER NERVE ROOT BLOCK????what nerve root block :lol:
    The headings, good relief of leg pain,partial and satisfactory relief of leg pain, partial and unsatisfactory relief, no relief.?????????????????
    Oh well I've just started a spreadsheet and I'll do it in my own words each day.
    The consultant spoke to me while I was still on the table in theatre and said keep a pain diary, when the pain comes back, what its like, how long it lasts and anything else you think of....so I dont think the one she gave me is any good :roll:
    Love
    Hileena
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Late to this sorry. What a long wait, lets hope it helps you.

Take care
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I missed your post last night due to friends in crisis. Ye gods, Hileena, what a long, long day. Please rest all day today my lovely, and perhaps a good chunk of tomorrow too. ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I hope today is a better one and you can relax and enjoy it. I'm thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I feel much better today.....not sick or blinding headache like I had yesterday.
    I've been to the Metro Center but used the scooter.....the chariot is still in the garage. :lol:
    My right leg is still sore around the top and it feels as if its going to give way any minute but thats not surprising I suppose.
    I lay on the table looking at the ball and socket joint as they put a large needle in and did their work.
    My leg kept "jumping" and occasionally my foot as well. I dont know ....can only assume that they were touching a nerve.
    Thats me for the rest of the day....I will rest although that can sometimes be worse :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    at least it's over & done with hun.
    You take care :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Hileena, Sounds like it was a right nightmare in the hospital! I myself and my OH are very impatient so we would have torn three strips off who ever was looking after us!! Glad your back on your feet alittle but make sure you get plenty of rest inbetween! Hope you have a speedy recovery and feel the benifits.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Just to say my legs felt has though it was going to give way, must say the injection they have put in is working well this time,
    I do wish you well with it, hopefully it will give them clue what's going on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Tony and Bubba
    I'm not sure what benefits I'm supposed to feel :lol:
    The impression I get is that it was to check that the THR was still in place etc??
    I'm still very sore.....using my scooter a lot more than normal.
    Love
    Hileena