What sort of forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well said Sticky I never understand why some people get pleasure out of critisizing other and reporting them cos in my opinion if you don't like what someone post you dont have read it. I am on a social networking site that i will not name and some of my friends on it do irritate me with all their constant posts of complaints and woes so I just ignore them, and i ten don't feel obliged to comment on them. For me finding this forum was one of the best things I did and even if I do not post replies that often i look in here most days to see whats happening with the lovely folk on here. Its great having access to people who really do know the daily problems and suffering us arthritics have to go through and if one of the lovely peeps on here say the know what they understand you can be sure that they do.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Thank you, webmanager, for taking the time to post on this forum.

I don't think any of us would want a 'moderator free zone'. I imagine we'd soon be choked up with spammers, trolls and the like. The mods do a very valuable job.

Personally, I'm delighted you're actually thinking about the 'Back Chat Chit Chat' forum. (Only Tony could come up with that title :lol: ) It is, as the old ad says, good to talk.

The good news is that I think it's most unlikely that the 'light-hearted banter', the laughs and the jokes will disappear from here. I also hope that those who have left, who provided many of them, will return to keep up the supply.

I also like Tody's suggestion that none of us not take things personally.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    webmanager wrote:
    Dear all
    thank you for your wonderful suggestions about chit chat I paticularly like the idea of back chat chit chat. I am not sure what I can do with this but believe me I am thinking

I'll TELL you what you can do with it :o lol. Sorry, got carried away with the back chat :wink::lol::D:D
    My Mum always said I was a cheeky bugger lugs :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Right, for what they're worth here are my thoughts. I don't think we need another forum or a change to this one as all bases are covered. What we might require is a change of attitude amongst the users. I reckon that a fair few of us are very good at bearing in mind that a slightly 'off colour' post could be caused by pain, stress, depression or just sheer mischief but from all the recent controversy there are obviously those about who have no such thoughts - report and try to get them banned is the default setting. Why? Because the reportee is in pain or stressed?

As a number of people have said if you don't like what you've read then move on. Threads do not have to be answered, offence does not need to ba taken - it's not as though we all know each other personally so tolerance is essential. It takes time to find one's feet when you first join a group, gawd knows I made mistakes in my early days and I still do. :) There are some who rarely post now because they feel the forum is lacking in so many ways and this saddens me as they still need the support the forum can (and does) offer.

Another thing that has pulled me down is the total lack of acknowledgement from those on high when people have posted about how much they value the forum. A little note back from the WM or a mod saying 'thank you' would not go amiss but perhaps we, the users, are equally to blame on that front because we don't often thank the mods (who, let's face it, have a thankless task). We are quick to criticise but slow to thank and maybe it's time that changed. The Mods are volunteers, they are just like you and me (well, I assume they are!) but willing to give up their own time to keep an eye on us. It shouldn't be equated to playground duty but on some occasions I reckon it is exactly that, probably because of pain, stress etc etc unleashing our inner three year olds. :wink:

I am still upset by the loss of Del and rehab44 - OK they could be ornery old sods at times but then they're not alone in that. They made me smile, laugh and think (as well as grump and swear) and I for one think the forum is currently a paler place without them. It will, however, recover, find new voices and trundle on much as before because that is what happens. Right, I'm orf for a cuppa. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd you have that so right well said girl i wish i had you flare for words they tend to escape me but with out the mods it would be a poor place it used to be lovely when jean 123 used to post made it more interactive and less them and us. as you say the forum will go on and will evolve that is the way things should be but the loss of rehab, del and mel (he not posting much as you prob noticed) is such a shame balance is needed a laugh is great enjoy your tea girl val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    DD and Val, I do agree with you. I’d love to agree with you wholeheartedly but it is, instead, somewhat wistfully.

I very much agree that the ideal is tolerance and understanding and I think current rules should be able to deal with intolerance and possibly misunderstanding. I do worry, though, that the subtle baiting, very often by those who only seem to turn up for that purpose, might slip by unnoticed.

I, too, miss the wholly individual voices of del and rehab and I hope we will see them back at some point. The forum is a lesser place without them.

I also agree that more dialogue – especially of the appreciative variety - between members and mods/webmaster could only be a good thing and, to that end, I am grateful to the new webmaster for posting on this thread.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Options
    LOL....that just creased me up!!!

JAJA
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi sos that was meant for Tonys(i think thats his name) comment on back chat chit chat....sos again

JAJA