2nd opinion - waiting game now

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 24. Mar 2012, 13:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I went to docs. yesterday to ask for a 2nd opinion o my knee agin but doc. says she has to wait for a letter from my consultant relaying he thinks my knee is ok.If and when this happens ,she will have to have a discussion with the rest of the practice an excellent hospital and orthepedic consultant they can send me to ( in her words,she said we need someone that has an excellent record in knee surgery)
She had look at my knee and asked me to bend it... she said is that as far as it will bend? Its always been like that,says me
She honestly couldn't believe he never even looked at my knee ( by the way,he has NEVER seen my leg since operation, 5 months ago. Also she couldnt believe the muscle loss in that leg...... she was horrified....
So its a waiting game now... hopefully sooner than later

So much for me going back to work staggered hours for 4 weeks to see if I can manage, my sick pay has run out and nobody told our boss.I was going to work 2 X 3 hr shifts and get paid 10 hrs sick pay as well.
Now because money has run dry, I am having to go back to work 20 hrs starting next week, don't know if I can cope as I get tired after 3 hours but as I told my boss,I nned the money so don't have much choice
I just feel like I'm hitting brick walls at the moment and getting nowhere.I have filled in forms for DLA but are not holding my breath for them

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am so sorry and also so angry for you as I have said all along on reading your postings, post op. I thought that you were not even getting the support you should have from your GP, earlier on. At least now, better late than never, the gp has listened to you and actually looked at your knee/leg and taken on board the awful problem that you have been left with through no fault of your own. Why she has to wait for anything forthcoming from the surgeon is beyond me. She is probably covering her own back. There is nothing stopping her now finding out the name of a good surgeon. I am surprised she does not know any.My knee surgeon was fantastic and was recommended to me by my gp.

Keep fighting, it looks as if you will have to keep your gp on her toes or this whole dreadful saga will just go on and on. As for going back to work, I understand fully why you need to do so but please do not drive yourself into the ground. I hope you have an understanding boss.

Hugs to you
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    The good thing is that your GP is now on board. Make sure she stays that way. Don't let it go too long without checking to see if she's got that letter from the consultant - 2 weeks absolute maximum, I'd say - and then make sure they have the practice discussion asap. It looks like you're going to have to take charge here, babytiger, so make sure you keep them all on their toes. Good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Options
    Hi
    I will don't worry, funny thing is I was chattting to a bloke in town today ( customer of mine) and he asked how was my knee and how long since op ,I told him 5 months and he said he had his tkr 12 months ago and was showing me,his movement is exactly same as mine and he was saying the pain at night is terrible and can't sleep,Bless him,sounds just like me...
    Anyway he's been told nothing they can do also so he has started negligence claim against hospital as well...I know of 1 other lady(friends mum) that had hers done 3 years ago and shes been left the same.......Think hosp is going to have to look at sugeons records..makes you wonder how many other claims this surgeon is going to have against him now..