B.B.

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 26. Mar 2012, 07:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Does anyone know roughly how long you should apply for your BB before it is due for renewal?? Mine isnt due until Nov but this will be the first renewal.
I know every authority will be different but just a rough idea please

Love
Hileena

Comments

• Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry I can't help you with that but Stickywicket is brilliant and a great source of knowledge. You could send them a pm if no reply on here.

Fols x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Fols, I am deeply flattered but honesty compels me to inform you that my 'brilliance' is actually a 30 watt bulb which I switch on occasionally. Besides, Hileena has known me long enough to be aware of the truth :roll:

Actually, I get the impression that all Local Councils do things their own way. Maybe because I do get HRM, they send me a re-application form every 3(?) years in good time, I fill it in, send in back in the pre-paid envelope with photo and soon get my new badge, I've tried telling them it'd be a good idea to insist on having the old ones returned but no-one's interested.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Well you have certainly helped me with ya 30 watt bulb, so I thank you, Stickywicket.

Fols x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I did read that post and think is that the sticky/stocky that I know????
    Surely not :lol::lol:
    I never thought of getting an appiclation for a renewal but i doubt it.
    Oh well....its a long way off
    Love
    Hileena
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Hilena
    I think it was about two or three weeks when they sent me the renewal form. A lot of places are using a computer video link at the local library, so you can re apply without all the form filling, just take your mobility award letter and they do it all there and then, they even take your picture, all very technological. My picture is not exactly one of those makeover ones. :shock:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I had to renew mine towards the back end of the year last year. I think I gave it about five weeks, it wasn't enough :roll: I suppose that they're all different hun. You could maybe ring your local whoever and ask if they can give you a rough idea how long things have bergen taking on average?
    Best of luck :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Tony and Bubbles
    That was more or less like asking how long is a piece of string :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    Options
    lol... I think that's how the government system works haha
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks Tony and Bubbles
    That was more or less like asking how long is a piece of string :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    Hi Hilena
    I think it was about two or three weeks when they sent me the renewal form. A lot of places are using a computer video link at the local library, so you can re apply without all the form filling, just take your mobility award letter and they do it all there and then, they even take your picture, all very technological. My picture is not exactly one of those makeover ones. :shock:

Mine used to do it at the local SS offices though you still had to take your own photo. Now it's all centralised from the city. (All of which confirms my belief that there's no common nationwide procedure.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    :shock: :shock: zee SS offices? :o mine got wummun.... Did you manage to see their plans for world domination part svein?? :wink::lol:
    bubbles wrote:
    Hi Hilena

Mine used to do it at the local SS offices though you still had to take your own photo. Now it's all centralised from the city. (All of which confirms my belief that there's no common nationwide procedure.)
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barabrith
    barabrith Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Hileena

My aunt's BB was due for renewal towards the end of Jan and she received a renewal application form automatically in the post at the beginning of Dec. Maybe contact them 5/6 weeks before yours expires if you haven't received a renewal form?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I do mine eight weeks before the expiry date, just to be on the safe side. I ring my local Social Services and ask for a form. The time for action is logged into my phone, and noted in various diaries! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for all your helpful replies

Love
    Hileena
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I get sent a renewal form about 6 weeks beforehand , they are quite efficient about it in Brighton . Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Hileena, I reaplied for my Blue Badge which ran out early December last year 2/3 weeks before. And I didn't realise that you could get them done at your council neighbourhood office so had my new one done in my hand in like 15mins!! Amazing!!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Our local council office where I got my first one has closed down so I'll have to find out where the nearest place to me is

Love
    Hileena