ATOS GP

Options
Rallymad
Rallymad Member Posts: 84
edited 26. Mar 2012, 05:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am having a visit from the ATOS GP on Tue, having had dealings with these scheming persons before when I appealed my desicion, I will have out the copy that I was sent claiming that there was no equipment sitting in my house (you cant really miss a toilet rail, kettle tipper, walking stick hanging in hall and bath lift?) Why do they think we are con artists, now I am sorry, I do work........as a support worker in the community with adults with learning disabilities.......why does that make me less of a person deserving of help, I struggle. I am currently off again and this has been a long term absence :cry: I dont like being at home, useless, having a child of ten running around after me, checking that I have had my medication etc. The time will come when I cannot do it any more ( I have a feeling if work had their way it would be sooner) but I am sorry, I am a woman of 40yrs, unlike the undeserving out there I am not going to sit back on my **** and get it handed to me!!!!! I kno there will be those that have an opinion that it is there for those that need it, but why should I be any diff? I still need to buy things to make life easier and safer for me, they dont get handed out for free!
Sorry if you feel I am ranting, but if I cant rant on here then where?
(ps. I have gone down to the beach front on a windy day and shouted the odds there too :wink:
A x

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I wish you well with it...
    :D
    Try to have someone there with you if possible?

Please let us know how you go on..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hiya,

I hope everything works out well for you on Tuesday,

Best of luck,

Magenta x
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Hi

Am seeing one of these so-called Drs on Thursday too and am not looking forward to it one little bit!!!

Bronwyn :-) smiling as the sun has got his hat on!!!!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi A,
    You rant away, flower.

I just wanted to say that I hope that the visit on Tuesday is more positive for you.

Good luck to you too Bronwyn for Thursday, and yes the sunshine does make a big difference to our mood, plus the extra daylight hour. :D

I x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    I really do wish you well for Tuesday, like Tony says it would be good to have someone with you, if only as a witness.
    Please let us know how you get on,and I for one think you deserve the help.x
    Love
    Barbara