Options
barking1
barking1 Member Posts: 185
edited 26. Mar 2012, 05:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, just thought i would introduce myself after sitting on the sidelines for a while i am a 42 year old mum of 4, with arthritis i have an appointment with rhumy on 16th april to tell me what the situation is ,my gp reffered me after thinking i had polymyalgia also i have a back problem and had an mri last year which showed arthritis of the lumber spine. My results have been sent to my gp ,he has told me that i have is arthritis in both hips and back also both blood results were high and the rhumy has said i have an aggressive inflamitory arthritis but he didnt say what it was so im none the wiser very scared and in a considerable amount of pain i have been taking steroids for 7 months and am now almost off them i also take naproxin and meptid ,after reading all the posts i feel very lucky not to be worse than i am ,the encouragement on here speaks for itself. jane

Comments

• boo2kitty
    boo2kitty Member Posts: 19
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi barking 1,
    Im new literally just joined. I read your post and even though i was feeling sorry for myself i now dont!!! i feel for you. Im a 41 year old mum to 4 too and have been diagnosed with hallux ridgidus, im awaiting surgery some time soon, i also take naproxen but suffer from gastritis too after having h-pilory last year so being on pain medication is bad but have no choice otherwise i couldnt walk. You must be in agony? how do you cope? :shock: I do hope you get sorted soon its very depressing being in pain all the time. good luck x
  • lorraines
    lorraines Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi and welcome ,sorry to hear of your illness but hopefully when you go to rhummy in april they will sort you out there's lots of options ,it's a bit scary at first but you will find lots of support and advice on this site it's been invaluable for me,I don't post very often but have always been given lots of good advice when I've needed it. Hope you get sorted soon Take care x x
  • barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    thankyou for your replys :) , i should have said this will be my follow up appointment with rhumy after a massive amounts of exrays and tests,boo2kitty i hope your operation goes well and you feel better soon,and lorraine thankyou for being there, life isnt so bad at least i seem to have a very thorough rhumy so im in good hands i have a very good husband :) which helps i just need to get my head around things i am still able to work at the moment but its a worry as my husband dosnt work he has fibromyalgia and has been ill for years, i think the hardest thing for me has been the sudden change in what i can and cant do very scary stuff xx :cry:
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Heya you two, nice to have you here. I'm also fairly new. This is a lovely forum to be on with lots of advice and support.

Fols x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello newbies, I'll take you one at a time if that's OK!

So barking1, it's lovely to meet you and I am pleased you have found us as I hope we can help. I was diagnosed with an 'inflammatory arthritis' seven years after my troubles started, but I had begun medication two years before that. It wasn't until my skin obliged with a burst of psoriasis that the label 'Psoriatic Arthritis' (PsA) was tied on. It did not change the treatment however, and I am now very close to completing my fifteenth year of it all with ten years of meds service behind me! :) I too remember the never-ending round of Xrays, blood tests, appointments etc and it is probably one of the most tiresome aspects of the whole malarkey but it is essential as these conditions can be very hard to diagnose. I gather you have been looking in on here and I am so pleased you have taken the AC plunge - it's a big step, yes?

Hello boo2kitty, welcome! Hallux rigidus - is that summat to do with your big toe? The name 'hallux' is ringing a very faint bell but if I am wrong :oops: I sincerely apologise. My PsA has affected my toes, ankles and knees and walking is far from fun. I must also confess I don't know what an h-pilory is - I'm not doing too well for you, am I? :) I hope the forum can offer the help and support that you need and it's lovely to meet you.

I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barking
    Welcome to the forum
    When you go to your appt in April hopefully you'll get more information....results of tests etc.
    I have OA in both hips....had a THR in one,
    Also arthritis in lower spine.
    Looking forward to reading your posts
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hello ladies :D
    Welcome from me too... I hope that the sun has been shining wherever you are today..
    I truly hope that you both find this place is as helpful to you both as it is for me and many others...

We are a friendly bunch of Arthuri :D tes..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Barking
    And a warm welcome to the forum, you find it a great help just being able to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through.
    I do hope to hear more from you very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello Barking1 and boo2kitty. Welcome from me too and I hope you'll both find this is a good place to be. We have a fair few arthritic ailments between us so, whatever you have, or are about to have, there's probably soemeone on here who can talk you through it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Welcome Barking1 & Bookitty, Hope you find the forum helpful and informative as I do. Look forward to reading lots of posts from you both in the future!! :)