Progressing really well!!!!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 28. Mar 2012, 14:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well a week since my hip op and all is well much better than last time although I still can't manage a nights sleep as yet. it's not the hip but the flippin knee I had done 3 years ago I just have to move the leg to ease the pain once it moves I am ok every 2 hours this is happening. any advice would be welcome see the physio on Thursday so will have a chat to her about it. Also has anyone ever experienced a Bakers Cyst after a TKT and can they develop behind the knee.

Comments

• Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry I can't answer your questions but just wanted to say how pleased I am to here you are doing so well. What a shame your knee is playing up. Is it on the same leg? Just wondering cos they really do pull you about in surgery so maybe they have strained it?

That is exactly what my knee is like, only ts not been done, so I really hope you get it sorted soon.

Fols x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Wend
    Glad you are feeling so much better
    Sorry I cant answer your questions....hopefully you'll get things sorted
    out when you se the physio
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    I am glad you are feeling better you are doing so well, has for the bakers cyst, my hubbys has OA in his knee and he had one, but not sure if you can get them after a TKR,they do drain them so go and see your GP.
    Good luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm delighted your hip is doing so well, wendgro. I have problems sleeping after THRs but that's because I hate trying to sleep on my back.

Bakers Cysts do grow behind the knee and I'm pretty sure you can still get them after a TKR. A pillow under it might help the knee but probably wouldn't do the hip a lot of good.

When in doubt, ask the doc. :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'm not one of the hipsters on here but wondered, is it possible to sleep on your other side, with a pillow (I use a bolster, feather one as you can adjust it if you know what I mean) between the knees?
    I have terrible nights due to the knee pains,i end up comfy for ten mins then have to swap sides and give the other knee a chance :roll: it's like doing the okie cokie lol.
    I hope you find a comfortable solution, and really glad things are going well otherwise :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • wendgro
    Options
    Well I can't lie on either side for 6 weeks then only on my operated side for so many weeks then eventually my other side it's all to do with positioning of the hips to prevent dislocation. I will speak with the physio on thursday she may have a suggestion.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Wendy how lovely to see that you are doing so well, not so good about the knee pain though. :(

I hope your appointment on Thursday will give you some pointers as it is bad enough having to lie on your back for six weeks without the added problems.

I hope you have been able to sit outside in this lovely weather.

Lv, I x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi wendgro, how's tricks now? The sleeping thing is a trial - even now I can remember the feeling of intense gratitude the first time I turned onto my right side (after my first synovectomy) to go to sleep - utter, utter bliss! Keep up with the exercises, rest as much as you can and then some extra just in case, and I hope things are continuing to improve. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wendgro
    Options
    Well one week at home after THR been to the supermarket today grandaughter pushed me in the wheelchair whilst other half pushed the trolley all was ok. doing a little bit each day slept better last night daughter put a lighter quilt on so was not so hot had my first shower which was lovely I am in some discomfort but it's from the actual incision area not the hip pain I had. still got a problem with the back of the knee but have put a small towel rolled up under it and that seems to have helped a lot will keep you posted Wendy.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    You are doing really well, it so good to read encouraging post, and getting out in the sunshine will give you a boost.xx
    Love
    Barbara