MRI Booked...

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 28. Mar 2012, 04:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, hope you are as well as can be and enjoying this gorgeous sunshine.

My mri appointment has come through for 7th april and then back to rheumy for results on 10th may. Had a copy of my rheumys letter to gp and from my xray on my pelvis/lower back he says I have sacroliitis, some sclerosis and some irregularities. Will know more when I have had the mri. Had to go to gp again friday as the pain was unbearable and he has given me tramadol to take when needed and to continue with my codeine, amitriptyline and diclofenac as normal and things are improving slowly but at least they're improving.

Take care x Dee x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Dee
    Just to wish you good luck with the MRI, they are much better than xrays, and I see you havent long to wait. x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    glad you've got the appt and also that things are improving. Slowly is OK :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh that is good news, well done, it will soon be here and then hopefully, come May, everyone including you will have a clearer picture of things. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • YORKYSUE
    YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi hope everything goes ok with the M R I and glad to hear that your pain is improving take care Sue
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad you got the date in for your MRI, if you want pocket duties let us know closer to the day.
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    Bit of advise for your MRI, take a CD with you so that you can listen to music throughout the exray as the noise is quite loud.
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Thank you for your replies and support, it is much appreciated. Things are moving quite quickly now so hopefully I'll get a diagnosis soon and the relevant treatment. I'm having a major problem with my middle toe at the moment. It is burning pain,red and swollen and it feels like there is something sticking out of my joint underneath my toe and I am having ankle pain in my opposite foot and when I flex it there is a visible lump. Oh well that's life I suppose but there seems to be something new all the time.

Anyway, thank you all again and hope you are all well as can be and enjoying this glorious sunshine. 23DEGREES HERE TOMORROW, YEAH X Dee x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooh, DebraKelly, ain't you the lucky one in being able to listen to a CD of your choice - all I have ever had is headphones which 'deaden' the noise of the machine! :) Some people are offered a choice of listening but some are not - have you had an MRI before? They are OK, if a little uncomfy (and that depends on what is being scanned) but we will all be with you on the appropriate day should you kindly remind us: 'pocket duties' were created by Skezier (you have yet to meet her) and it means that we will be with you via 'cyber spirit', i.e. in your pocket(s). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I had an MRI when I first got diagnosed 2 years ago.

It was in done in a private hospital so thats probably why I was allowed to take a CD in with me.

It was ok lying there, it was the trying to keep still that I had a problem with! lol