NEED ADVICE - PLEASE

Options
mops
mops Member Posts: 17
edited 3. Apr 2012, 07:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Was diagnosed with C5 and C6 Neck Arthritis in Aug. 2011, Also have nerve pain in back of skull. and sensation like ''crawling'' in my scalp. Doc has prescribed Gapatentin and Paracetamol. I cant take NAIDS 'cos of HBP. I can just about live with the pain, but I now also have Tinnitis and feel lightheaded all the time. Waiting on a appointment with ENT and audiologist re the Tinnitis. But it is 'lightheadedness' that is really annoying me more than anything and the constant tiredness. Has anyone got the same problems.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don’t have these problems but, if the tinnitus and light-headedness only started with the gabapentin then I know where I’d be looking for a culprit. Why not ask the doc if you can take a smaller dose?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Mops

I have read that Gabapentin can cause light-headedness. I am sorry to hear about your problems. The addition of tinnitus will not be helping matters at all, you have my sympathy.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mops
    mops Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Some days I just need to moan. My hubby tries his best to be sypmathetic and he does help on bad days but today I am feeing sorry for myself :cry:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Ah, one of those days, mops :roll: We all get them and you've come to the right place. Husbands, no matter how good on the practical front, find it hard to understand. To be honest, I sometimes find it hard to understand myself as those days aren't necessarily the ones in which the pain etc is at its worst, just the ones in which, for one reason or another, my capacity to grin and bear it has done a runner.

I think it's the sheer relentlessness of it that just grinds you down at times. At such times I tend to find myself incapable of making the simplest decision. (What shall I cook tonight? So many pros and cons whatever I decide whereas any other night I'd just grab something from the freezer and go with it.)

I hope tomorrow's better for you but, if the lightheadedness continues, maybe a word with the doc might help?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh mops, I know exactly how you feel. I have been stuffed into the arthritic pepper mill of life and I am being ground and ground and ground. It IS the relenlessness of it all, let alone trying to cope with the (possible) side effects of the meds which are meant to help by taking it all away. I too think the gab could be help responsible for the light-headedness you mention but your GP is the one to advise: I hope there is an alternative should you require one. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    How's it going, mops?
    Steven Wright