Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis

Options
emsjane
emsjane Member Posts: 351
edited 30. Mar 2012, 10:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been reading about Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis! Does anyone else have this??????

My rheumatologist said she thinks i have seronegative arthritis, but having read about EOA i think that must be what i have!!!!!

I have OA in multiple joints, neck, finger and thumb joints, elbow, both hips, knee, both ankles and big toe joints!!!!

If anyone else knows anythng about this and treatment that works, please let me know. I have been on loads of NSAIDS and they didn't help and i can't go on them anymore as they did my stomach in, big time!! Paracetamol does help me, but i try not to take it too much. :?
LOVE EMMA X

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can't help, emsjane, except to say I'd be cautious about self-diagnosis, especially if you've got your info from Mr Google. I've never heard of Erosive Inflammatory Osteo though maybe I should have done. By all means make a few notes to take down to your rheumatologist next time but, depending on what meds you are on, the treatment might well remain the same even if he/she agrees with you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Just posted but it has gone astray so I'l try again!
    Just thinking about it Emma I think that all inflamatory arthritis has the potential to be errosive, I have all the problems you have and some more besides. I think errosion would be a good discription for me that is exactly how I feel - as I I am rusting away :lol: It will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with the correct reply
  • emsjane
    Options
    Im wondering whether the American's call it Erosive OA and we just call it Inflammatory OA. I looked on the recent letter i got a copy of that my Rheumy sent to my docs and she describes my arthritis as Seronegative inflammatory arthropathy with enthesopathy and then she puts, OA in both hands!

So i am going to talk to her about the EOA when i see her next and see what she says.

When i read the description of it on the web, it is exactly what mine is like and has behaved, over the years, exactly as they described. Here is the link to the info i read:-

http://www.discoverymedicine.com/Allen-Anandarajah/2010/05/20/erosive-osteoarthritis/
    LOVE EMMA X
  • lululu
    Options
    Exactly!! that is a good link I will come back to it when I have a few hours to spend. Thanks Emma
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I just had a dyslexic moment and read it as 'explosive'. :oops: Sorry - I can't help. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lululu
    Options
    Yes that sounds about right too at the moment DD
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I can't say I've seen that one! Seronegative is what the hospital think I may have, so I have physio when needed and painkillers by the bucket! If its worrying a lot, mention it to your doctor and see what they say.
    I agree about self diagnosis, it can make you think all sorts, I know, I'm an expert! :oops: My husband has an itchy sometimes painful lump on his back, his gp can't see it and its not hurting at the moment, and a chest x-ray was clear, so hes seeing a thoracic surgeon when he gets the appointment, but I've looked it up and it fits with some horrible diseases, you would never guess how many things I've found!
    Love Sue xxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I just had a dyslexic moment and read it as 'explosive'. :oops: Sorry - I can't help. :oops: DD
    Glad I'm not the only one to do that sort of thing!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:

If it had been 'explosive' what would you have said? :shock: :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hmmm, good question Sticky! I reckon it would have been summat along the lines of 'I bet that goes off with a bang.' DD
  • emsjane
    Options
    I have an appointment next week to see the Rheumy nurse who does an annual check up of patients in the Rheumy department, so i am going to ask her if she knows anything about EOA. Im also going to ask her why my doctors can only prescribe me 4 folic acid tablets at a time!!!!!! That is costing me £7.40 for 4 tablets, once a month!!!!!! I can't afford that!!!! :x

Does anyone else have this problem???
    LOVE EMMA X
  • lululu
    Options
    Only one months prescription is the way the government want all GPs to go. they kept that one quiet, brings in more money.
  • emsjane
    Options
    I think that is disgraceful!!!! How can they justify it for just 4 tablets!!! Im going to complain! :x
    LOVE EMMA X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Emsjane, have you heard about the pre-payment certificate for prescriptions? I pay 10.40 per month or you can get three- monthly ones for £29 something. This covers the cost of all items on a prescription: as I get about eleven items per go it saves me a great deal. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I’ve always taken 2 folic acid a week and they used to give me a month’s supply but then spontaneously upped it to a full box of 28 at a time.
    Steven Wright
  • emsjane
    Options
    Hi DD,

I spoke to the pharmacist recently and she said i had to spend £15 or over on prescriptions a month in order for it to be worth my while getting the pre-payment! I will speak to them again and clarify!
    LOVE EMMA X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    She might have a point. £7.50 x 12 = £90 (I think) but knowing how things go sometimes you could soon find yourself having to order one or two more things. The cost for a year is currently £104 pounds but I think it's rising on the 1st April. They don't advertise this very much as it can save the punter a deal of money but it is worth bearing in mind. I used to fiddle about and just buy three three-month ones, leaving a planned gap of a month to six weeks in between each one, but as more GPs are switching to monthly scripts that isn't a goer any more. DD