Elbows

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 27. Mar 2012, 04:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya,

Hope everyone well-or as well as can be?

I'm having problems with both elbows but the left is worse this time. I've had the stiffness, the pain and bad swelling. The pain and swelling has decreased but I'm now left with a pain like I've banged it. I can feel, and see, lumps on my elbow-one on either side of joint. Anyone else get/have this?

Thanks,

Magenta x

Comments

• jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi magenta

My arthur started 26 years ago in my R.eldow jumpin over to m L. elbow....it presented as bursitis with large boggy swellings and terrible pain as if you had banged your 'funny bone' ...withsuch aching pains down to my wrist and up under my arm-pit...the swellings never went..i still have them..I had to have an exploritery op...they said it wasnt 'swelling' but synovial tissue...growing to protect my joint...i now have lumps aswell and if i use my arms a bit to much the pain is immobilising...have to strap up and keep still...even though you feel like you need to move them...
    rest your arms if your elbows ache dont fight through it...

all the best JAJA
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi JAJA,

Thanks for your reply. I feel it gets better only for me to start doing something, like typing, for it to swell again. It's like you've described. Another thing for me to try and explain to my dr on Thursday. They never seem to understand what I'm on about.

Thanks,

Magenta xx
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Interesting - I get elbow pain and never thought of it being connected to arthur!

My right is worse than my left, not sure if this is because I'm right handed. Both elbows rest on arm rests in the same place, yet my right is always worse.

I have an elasticated elbow support I wear pretty much all the time, it seems to help most days although sometimes it does really ache. I have to work through it unfortunately due to my work :(

Helps to have an idea of what it is though, even if there's nothing the doctors can do!

Debbie