Flaming eck! Why me? Have I not had enough surgery?

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 3. Apr 2012, 17:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had my 'discharge' appt with my Ortho Cons re my ankle (arthroscopic chilectomy last June left ankle) yesterday when I was just expecting to be told everything's fine or it'd hold it's own for the time being at worst.

You can all guess where this goes can't you?

Whilst the 'significant bony osteophyte' has been taken off the shin bone where it goes into my ankle joint, the first joint in the foot joining the ankle from the other side now needs dealing with surgically.

B*gger, b*gger, b*gger and squillions of times b*gger.

I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round of flaming surgery. I now have to re-refer back to my Ortho Cons within the next 6-12 months when I feel the ankle is beginning to fail even more and he'll put me back on the list.

Not helped one iota by the fact that my replaced knee is playing up (right leg), am still struggling with bursitis right hip and left knee is also acting up.

I'm so cross I could spit - apologies for the rant, the language and the unladylike wishes.

Now, where's the vet?

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, this is what happens, isn't it? One bit (in being fixed) adds strain to another so that in turn needs repair. I can truly understand your frustration with it all, it's just NOT ON. :x But, if it helps matters . . . . . . :?: I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Oh blimey, D D is so right. You get one bit fixed and it throws something else out of place. Very frustrating and down heartening but at least they are getting you fixed. You could be bionic by the time they are done :D

Honestly if us lot were horses we would have been put down a long time ago.

I'm shall keep fingers crossed that everything settles down a bit for you to have a little bit of 'peace'.

Fols x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Grace...its just not fair...you have surgery and hope that is that...you have a really good rant if it makes you feel better...we are here to listen
    Sending you some very gentle hugs (((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Rant away, Graceb. In your situation my language would be so colourful I wouldn't dare post on the forum. You must feel so frustrated and annoyed and brassed off. I just hope some bits improve as others worsen. Maybe a knee support for the worst times? I'm sorry. I can't help but I do definitely see where you're coming from. Try a couple of these (())
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I agree that DD is right Grace! Your good leg has taken the strain for the bad which in turn has ment that leg has now become damaged. I'm sorry that you have to go through it all over again with surgery for the other leg now but think of the benefits having both legs working better. It has to be worth it. Keep in touch of how things go.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    How are things, Graceb?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • teresagrove
    teresagrove Member Posts: 35
    I sympathise
    Just returned to work after (failed) labral repair (no cartilage left to repair) and femoral decompression - guided steroid injections for bursitis in both thighs/hips and left groin

knee arthroscopy et al to take place in June followed by my second THR.

My other knee and both ankles are also bad - so no doubt more to follow - all this in 2 yrs and 2 months simce first THR