getting my 2nd opinion

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 29. Mar 2012, 05:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been back to doca this afternoon,she has had my consultants letter,basically saying it might take 4 years for knee to move or I might be the 1% that fails.
She has had a meeting with practice and they have decided to send me to Sheffield as apparantly they have an excellent orthodepic surgeon.
So a case of waiting game now,only thing is its about 50 miles away from me ,so gonna cost me a bomb in travel BUT if he can fix me,it will be worth it.
Anyone had any dealings with Sheffield Hospital at all.?

Comments

• diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad that you are getting a second opinion,hopefully this time things will go in your favour.xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    That is brilliant news, I really do wish you well with it all...you have suffered enough, good for you not giving up... now you know you will be in good hands.
    You take care xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    It certainly will be worth it, babytiger. I'm not familiar with Sheffield hospirals but I think there's more than one.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks peeps,as my hubby said never mind distance.If we can get someone to make your knee move again
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Oh thank goodness for that. At least the consultant got back to your gp fairly quickly with the letter and your gp has already discussed with her colleagues, where best to send you for a second opinion. My goodness, his response ...... I have never heard the like ....... could improve in 4 years??? He must take everyone for fools. I hope your letters of complaint are getting somewhere too, for you by now.

Let's hope that you do not have to wait too long for an appointment and that he is able to help you. It must be quite a challenge to try to rectify another consultant's incredibly shoddy work.

Hopefully from now on it is onwards and upwards. :) You most certainly deserve things to go the right way for you at last after all you have been through.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks Elna,
    Ive also started my case against him which I wasn't keen to do BUT I know now of 2 people that this has happened to and if it stops it happening again Ive won.... This weather is so frustrating as I loved walking the dog through woods to see swans which I cant do anymore..poor wee thing only gets a 10 minute walk if shes luvky now.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Babytiger

Good news that you have been referred

I am sure the doctors at your surgery have done their research so am optimistic that this will be a fair and objective 2nd opinion :)

I too have no experience of Sheffield nor litigation, but fingers crossed for you

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Good news your seeing another doctor and getting a second opinion, it's always worth doing it if your not happy with the doctor your with or becasue the full story. Hope everything goes well and your happy with the final result.