Still moaning on!!!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 30. Mar 2012, 13:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, Its me again! I'm sorry not to have taken part in the forum for some time but, the truth is that I have been dealing with all the people that have to be dealt with, as my niece has had to go into a nursing home (Leonard Cheshire Disability). I've had to gain 'Power of Atterny' to deal with her banks all legal affairs as her signature is now so inconsistant that the banks have stopped accepting it, and they refuse to talk to me until the Power of Attorney docs come through! I know thats reasonale really, but it does all take time and effort! Sorry to go on, I just wanted to explain why I've not been here.
All the stress dosn't seem to help my arthritis and FM. I have such a lot of pain and swollen joints at the moment. My GP, at my request, is referring me back to physio, to see what they think, but don't know when I'll get an appointment. At the moment I am finding walking even short distances quite painful, the pain seems to come from the lumber region of my spine, but all of my back is stiff and sore. Sometimes I have trouble lifting things as my joints seem to suddenly become weaker and I can't hold anything. Also my knees are swelling and painful the right one is the worse, I can't remember very well either! :( I also so depressed again but, I think that is due to the stress and worry. Sorry this looks awful, but its just how I feel, the doc does't want to change my medication at the moment as it would mean a big jump and I don't want that either. I'll stop now. Sorry for such a very long moan!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Sue! The pleasure of seeing your name again is mitigated by the reasons both for your absence and your return. Family matters do take precedence but I don’t envy you the Power of Attorney thing. My husband had it for his Mum. Mostly it went smoothly but the name of a certain building society is still a swear word in this house.

I’m sorry your joints have kicked in too. It’s hardly surprising with all the stress you must be under. I do hope the physio helps. If it’s a long wait, remember AC have a booklet on basic exercises.

Take care and a couple of these (()).
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh Woodbon, you moan away. It sounds as though you're having a terrible time. Thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Numpty
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you are having such a stressfull time,bad enough coping with arthur sending you hugs.xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Sue
    Its really good to have you back with us, but I am so sorry you are suffering..like you say stress is a real trigger for Arthur.
    Please dont apologise for the moan, you have always been so supportive in the past and you deserve a good rant
    I do hope things get easier for you, and I really sympathise with the back pain...hope you can stay with us then we can support you.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    So sorry to hear what you've been going through , Sue , no wonder you feel stressed and achey . Thinking of you and sending positive vibes . Jillyb
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Poor you, so much stress to deal with can't have done you any good whatsoever. Fingers crossed everything will fall into place soon and you can take a breather and start looking after yourself.

Sending you lts of positive vibes.

Fols x
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind wishes. It has all been so difficult to cope with - I think the tension increases physically in the muscles etc and that causes the extra pain. I hope I can see the physio soon as I feel unsure about whether I am doing the exercises properlly. Looking in the mirror (or trying to) makes it worse!!! I worry about the pain when I walk, even just up the garden, its all in the bottom of my spine, I hope it will get a bit better, but worry its getting worse.
    When I see my niece coping with the problems she has and loving her new home, it makes me feel that its all worth it! She's in a Leonard Cheshire Home and has full care. Its made such a difference to her life. Now she can go out shopping, they have lots of parties and outings. Care has opened her life up! Sorry not suitable for here all this site, but worth people knowing that care homes can be a new, fuller life! I'll never regret having to send her there.
    Anyway, Its good to be back! Love Sue xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    So sorry your having a stressful time Sue, you have every right to have a moan! You moan as much as you want. The stress can't be helping your FM as that is triggered by muscles and joints and you being stressed means your muscles are tightening up tiggering off the FM as you have mentioned and know. I hope things become easier for you in the future, as for now I send you a BIG (((HUG))), take care.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sue it must be such a weight off your mind seeing your niece so settled and happy...there are some lovely homes out there...people get scared at the thought, its nice to know how she is being looked after.
    Now you must look after yourself , try and do something that you really enjoy and is relaxing.....
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Woodbon! Hello my lovely, it's good to hear from you again. Well done you for coping with all of that but don't forget to also look after yourself too. Stress leads to tension and tension leads to a deal of other stuff but now, hopefully, some of it has been relieved now that your neice is settled and happy. Hope to hear from you again soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. My husband has the school holidays soon, so we will have some time together and be able to relax a bit and if the weather is nice, go out and about, although the petrol may not allow us to go too far, (I hope all of you who need your cars for work and hospital etc are managing)
    I had to go to the hospital which is about 12 miles away and didn't have much petrol left, but didn't have to queue, so the tank is now fairly full. My appointment was gyne, last year they found a cyst, anyway its nothing, just old tissue and hasn't changed for the last year. I don't get any pain or problems, it was found on an mri of my illiac joints!!! So, I can cross that of the list of worries!!!
    I'm determined to get back to being more pain free and fitter again and will work at it.
    Hope you are all coping well and no petrol problems, it means so much to people who can't just get on a bus or something!
    Love Sue xxxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I remember your gynae problems, Sue. It’s always good to be reminded that sometimes our fears prove groundless and, what seemed to be potentially nasty, was only a bit of scar tissue.

Take care with the exercises. As I remember, you’re more likely to do to much than too little :roll: .
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hello Sue

l am so glad to see you back :D Your absence has been noticed.

Sounds like you have had a very stressful time which of course will affect the arthritis and fibro :(

Fibro can make you more forgetful my ex MIL says - fibro-fog she calls it and it can really get her down. The more she needs to be 'on the ball' the less she is it seems :roll:

I am also having trouble picking things up now - especially smaller things. Have also resorted to the smaller boxes of cat bickies now instead of the larger packs as l can't grip the stuff so well.

Anyway enough of me moaning it is lovely to see you

Toni xxx