I'm back and still alive but ....

Folara
Folara Member Posts: 568
edited 1. Apr 2012, 09:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
.........OUCHIES! I did get a mild sedation and I'm so glad I did. The 3 jabs on the right hand side weren't that bad at all so I was quite happy thinking ah yeah this is easy.

Then he did the left side.

I was whimpering like a baby. It hurt, oh boy it REALLY hurt. Oh and to top it off I think I may have done a trumpton by accident. :oops:

They were lovely at the hospital but I guess that's the difference in private and NHS, although I was via the NHS. I got a nice sandwich and a cuppa after and then toddled off him with strict instructions to take it easy. No one trying to shovel you out the door etc.

I have an appointment in 6 weeks to see my Pain Consultant too see how well this has worked and what the next step will be.

Fols x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, not a trumpet involuntary? :shock: :oops: You poor girl, how embarrassing - I am so pleased you can't see me grinning! :) I am glad it's done and that at least 50% of them were OK. Now you rest up my lovely, these things can take it out of one and I hope you soon start to feel their benefit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Folara
    Thanks DD. Yep a full blown trumpton. I nearly died but I couldn't do a thing about it. I'm sure it must happen to others but he was injecting my lower back at the time.

Thank god it wasn't smelly :mrgreen:

Fols x
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh hon! I'm laughing now! Sorry! What's the tip for a scent-free eruption then? You munching charcoal biccies? :wink: Or do you just have perfumed insides? :) DD
  • Folara
    Don't be sorry, me and hubby have giggled about it all the way home. Ummm not sure really. Maybe I am just blessed with perfumed eruptions :lol:

Fols x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi glad some of the injections were ok,we should know we cant get away with things scott free.Sorry about the eruptions but boy did i laugh,hubby is still chuckling.Mig :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Fols
    Im glad that us over with for you, and has for the trumpton...serve um right for hurting you...
    When I had mine..it was the same the first ones weren't to bad, then he said right just 2 more..and they did..might be that by the second lot we are more tensed up... :o
    You have a good rest now.
    Love
    Barbara
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Oh Fols............yoiu have had me giggling like mad....... :-)

take it easy now, rest well and see how it goes. I hope you have some relief

love
    Julia xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well, I'm glad 1/2 of it went OK and I guess they deserved the 'trumpet involuntary' (Nice one, DD :lol: ) for hurting you with the other half.

Now, get Mr Fols into the kitchen and you rest up with a glass of something nice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Hi fols...glad to hear its over and done with....and you still have your sense of humour in tact!....i wont mention the other....LOL

jaja
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh My poor poor thing :oops:

I bet lots of people do such embarassing things in that sort of situation :(

I am glad to say it's all done and dusted and hope you are behaving now you are home and resting properly???

Love

Toni xx
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Great post ha ha! trumpet or bugle it made me smile :D

Take it easy and do as they say.
    Ruby
  • Folara
    Thank you everyone. I'm actually having a really bad back ache now but he did say that could happen so I must be good and rest.

Hoping this works cos he mentioned epidural next time (I thought that's what this was :?: ).

Very tired so gonna go bed early and I don't have to get up early now son has broken up for Easter. Yay!

Fols x
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Folara, how are things today? I hope you are not too sore (or still parping :) ) DD
  • Folara
    Just a quick update cos I feel so awful. My lower back and the top of both hips are killing me, I am hot faced and yet shivering, very tired but can't get comfy for more than half hour at most. Not sure if it's a reaction or I picked a bug up. Not very happy but hoping it will wear off soon.

Not been trumping but tummy is strange feeling, can't describe it really. Think it was better when I had wind lol.

Thanks for asking DD, sorry it's not a cheery post. Fingers crossed back on form tomorrow.

Fols xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear. I hope tomorrow's better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Fols.
    how are you feeling today. i hope your pain has calmed down. take things steady.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx