anyone taking plaquenil and amytriptyline together

lynnmick
lynnmick Member Posts: 72
edited 5. Apr 2012, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there, just wondering if anyone is taking these 2 drugs together, has i have just scared myself has it says amytriptyline shouldn't be taken with cloroquine and yet my doc has prescribed them.
I have RA. I am taking plaquenil 2 x 200mg a day which is an anti malarial chloroquine based, and amytriptyline 25mg at bedtime.
Would be grateful of your thoughts.
Thanks
Lynn x

Comments

• jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lynn, I have been prescribed them together to , i dont take the amitriptyaline only when i cant sleep for days i dont like how it makes you feel in the mornings . i didnt know they should'nt be taken together . ........jilly
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi, I take both and have done for a few years. If you are worried speak to your pharmacist or gp. We all react differently to meds.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I take 'em both too :shock:

have done for years :shock:

Love

Toni xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    PS I take the amatrip at no later than 8pm otherwise l am really drowsy the next day. I also find it better to take it regularly - seems to work better that way.

Love

Toni xx
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    I have been taking both for nearly a year now with no ill effects.

PS I take my amitrip about 6pm as have to be up at 7.30am in the mornings. If I take it any later, I struggle to get up.
  • vesoul73
    vesoul73 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Lynn

I take both and so far no problems.
    I've been on amitriptyline for about 10 years and hydroxychloroquine for 18 months. Was originally prescribed amitrip for neurological symptoms which turned out to be MS. Was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis in 2010 and then prescribed hydroxy.

Liz
  • lynnmick
    lynnmick Member Posts: 72
    Thanks everyone for your replies, i think i was getting abit carried away scaring myself, it's that i've only just started taking the amitrip due to sleep problems, i've been taking plaquenil for a year now. I must admit though, my neck problem has been alot better since i started taking the amitrip before bed ( well about 8pm ). Although In my sleep my husband said i keep kicking him and can't keep still, but i dont realise i'm doing it, so i might lay off them for a couple of days and take them if i get too sleep deprived.

Thanks again
    Lynn X