Glucosamine & NO cartiledge

freesia
freesia Member Posts: 409
edited 1. Apr 2012, 06:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone.... :D

I have OA grade 4 in both knees, and was told in my last consultation that I have NO cartiledge left in either knee....

:?: QUESTION :?:
Is it worth me taking Glucosamine tablets....??? They aren't cheap - so though I'd ask 'anyone' out there if they have any advise.... or suggestions, before I buy....

Thank you....
freesia xx
hugs freesia xxx

Comments

• JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Freesia

I'd say there is no point........I've never found any benefit and also have Grade 4 OA in my knee.

Others may disagree

Julia x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm with Julia. They do do something for people with very mild 'wear and tear' but, for real arthritis, I'd stick with the meds.

If you do decide to try them be careful because strengths differ.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • freesia
    Thanks for the tip.....xx
    hugs freesia xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Freesia

can your GP prescribe them at all? Just wondering so it might save some money and eliminate any possible vaiation in strength :?

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi freesia

Ummm.... its not going to do much but it wont hurt to try....

I was told by the vets it only helps in 1st and 2nd stage but after that its little use though we kept the sheep on it even with the prescription drugs and who knows if it still helped her....

Mind her's was corta-vet and that's available for humans as well with added trace elements and vits.

I may or may not have tried the sheep's stuff and it may or may not have helped :wink:

The ordinary glucosamine alone does little....

Stage 4 is evil but better easier maybe than stage 3 eh? I wonder though have they talked about knee replacements at all? Cris x
  • freesia
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Freesia

can your GP prescribe them at all? Just wondering so it might save some money and eliminate any possible vaiation in strength :?

Love

Toni xx

Thanks - But no longer available on NHS where I live.... :(
    hugs freesia xxx