Hello

Options
LouisvilleLaurie
LouisvilleLaurie Member Posts: 2
edited 4. Apr 2012, 09:33 in Say Hello Archive
I'm new and hope I'm doing this right. I've been suffering with facet arthritis since last july. I've gone thru 3 injections, physical therapy, facet rhizotomy. Pain remains. I'm working on losing weight and exercising daily. My question for those of you who suffer with lumbar facet arthritis. Why does it hurt so bad when you're sitting down. Thanks

Comments

• barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    i also suffer from lumber facet arthritis and i have arthritis in my hips i can agree with what you say it seems ok if you keep moving :shock: and hurts far more when at rest i think its because i stiffen up so bad if i stop i have only had 1 appointment with rhumy and am due another one on the 16th april for results i havnt had anything done yet just taking meds i hope you get sorted soon ,i will keep an eye out for your posts , take care xJane
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and you've done everything right on your firstpost! Not many people look in on this forum so may I suggest that you re-post your question on the LWA part of here, that's the Living with Arthritis bit and I am sure you will receive more replies. Why does it hurt? It's probably something to do with the weight of your upper body resting on your spine, that's my best guess. I have arthritis in my sacro-iliac joints and they also hurts when sitting. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi And a very warm welcome from me, I also have Arthur of the back, I have had the injection but like you they didnt work.
    I have was told by the pain clinic that a second lotare more likely to work, but I am still thinking about that one
    Has for the sitting down I can now feel pain in my tailbone, the only relief I have had is exercise just to keep my back flexible.
    I do hope to hear more from you very soon x
    Love
    Barbara