scary

barking1
barking1 Member Posts: 185
Im not sure how i feel at the moment, very worried :? about my job i am the only one employed as OH is disabled and i am struggling really bad to keep up at work i only work part time but my job is very phisical and i am on my feet for very long days, the pain is getting to much not to mention the stiffness when i get home i have to lift my leg out of my car because im so stiff, my back is my biggest problem but also very painful hips and shoulders :cry: very concerned that i may not get anything if i have to give up work ,has anyone else quit there job :?: how did you all get on xx jane

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jane. I still work and am on my feet all day doing a physical job. My rheumie encourages me to keep working as it helps. I also find some things difficult to do and often just sit and do nothing when I get home after work. I live alone and also worry in case I can no longer work as it means much less money coming in and spending more on heating and electricity. At the moment, it often feels as if all I do is work and don't have much of a personal life.
    Christine
  • barking1
    Thankyou Applerose i think you are right about keeping moving i think i may just be panicking a little after a bad day at work they arnt all that bad its just trying to keep it in perspective, i like you just rest when i get home and on my days off so i have the energy to start again i am so tired it feels like im always exhausted and i keep talking about how tired i am but not many people understand unless they are in the same position so i feel like im moaning all the time which upsets me x thanks for listening Jane x
  • applerose
    Have you read about the Spoon Theory. It's a good way of explaining to other people how you're feeling. Could you maybe explain to the people you work with, including your boss.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/
    Christine
  • barking1
    The spoon theory is brilliant i cryed when i read it so many things i can relate to thankyou Applerose xxJane
  • applerose
    You're welcome. I got it from someone else. Just passing it on as I think it explains very well. Sorry for making you cry. Here is another way of thinking about it but this is quite funny.

http://batsgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04/gorilla-in-your-house.html
    Christine
  • barking1
    Thats brilliant :) thankyou x Jane