Hi from a Yorkshire lass

Options
HollywoodDream
HollywoodDream Member Posts: 2
edited 13. Apr 2012, 07:35 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if I had a profile on here, I have too many email addresses I wouldn't know where to start looking :lol: :oops: So I thought I'd make a new profile :oops:

I'm Melissa, a 24 year old Yorkshire lass, been diagnosed with Psoriasis/Psoriatic Arthritis. From that I have also developed a Baker's Cyst in the back of my left knee and also have Raynauds Phenomenom. I've had it all for almost 10 years now. Got diagnosed when I was about 14/15 years old. Started off with a ruptured cyst in my knee but it quickly developed into all my other problems :( Through the years I've had steroid injections, x-rays, scans, MRI scan, blood tests and an operation on my knee. Also currently using numerous creams, shampoos and have recently started weekly Methotrexate injections again :(

Past couple of years I've tried to get on with life by going back to college. In about 8 weeks I'm due to complete a Creative Media course and then go to University in September.

Can't wait to talk to others who are in the same boat :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello HollywoodDream, it's lovely to meet you although I am sad you have had to find us. I too have PsA (which has led to OA in knees and ankles) but not the Bakers' Cysts or Raynauds as yet: spot the aged and resigned arthritic! :) I am 53 and also have the weekly habit of meth injections plus fortnightly humira jabs. I also take sulph which seems to keep the worst of the P at bay. I am a qualified teacher and work (well, that's what I choose to call it) as a private tutor for dyslexics. I wish you well with both your current and future studies and I hope that today finds you as well as you can possibly be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hi HollywoodDream. I'm fairly new here. Everyone here seems lovely, helpful and a friendly bunch. Creative Media sounds interesting. I have RA and am not on any meds at the moment. Thinking about meth but not sure yet.
    Christine
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi & welcome
    Everyone on this site are friendly helpful & caring
    Good luck with Uni are you staying in the yorkshire area :?:
    My daughter is hopefully starting in sept got all 5 of her offers & has chosen the 1 in our home town
    Best wishes Maria