It's at times like this...............

JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 7. Apr 2012, 17:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
At times like this when I can't sleep I have ti stop myself short and count my blessings.
There are people far worse off than me........

One old friend had her leg amputated as a result of a bad car accident some 10 or so years ago..........now she has been diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease :-(

A work colleague was planning a charity bike ride in aid of Sussex Air Ambulance.........out on a training ride about a month ago he was hit and suffered multiple injuries......taken by Air Ambulance to London..........he's not expected back at work for at least 9 months maybe more as he still has no feeling on one side of his body........ :-(

So, if you catch me wallowing, please feel free to bring me up short and tell me off!

Julia x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    there night be people worse off than you but that does not make your own pain any easyer to cope with not to mention the way arther plays with your emotions but it does help to try to keep a positive attitude so will ciber kick you but as feet are screaming that as far as will take it. count your blessings but do not be to hard on your self it takes a lot of adjustment to get your head around arther and just when you think you have a handle on things it throws a curve ball good luck sending positive thoughts your way and some ((())) (hugs) val
    val
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    There will always be someone worse of no mater what you suffer from but that doesnt mean that acknowledging your own pain and struggles is wrong, we all have times where this blumming arther gets the better of us and wollow a bit, its natural and ok, yes being possitive etc is the prefered route we would all like to take but some times in life we cant. so although there are others around you suffering so are you and your pain is real too. dont be so hard on your self, and you will bounce back.

sending you some hugs and a life ring for if you wollow to deep :D
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    It`s good for anyone to think about those worse off than themselves, in the hope of getting some perspective in their own lives, and to be better people. However, I don`t think it`s humanly possible, or even healthy, not to get down about things, occasionally. Sometimes we need to grieve for our old self whilst struggling to find our new one. That has to be done from a selfish point of view, but doesn`t mean we don`t still feel for others.

I hope you have a Happy Easter........Rosie.x.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi Julia
    I always count my blessings, but like Coco says, the pain you feel is unique to you, so some wallowing doesn't do you any harm.
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Julie :)

If I catch you "wallowing" I shall not bring you up short and tell you off because we all need to do some "wallowing" every now and again. Why not? Everyone does for one reason or another. I am with you though, when unable to sleep,this is usually one of the worst times and to get things into perspective, is no bad thing at all. We cannot be thinking about everyone worse than ourselves, but I like you, know of people who are suffering greatly, not only them but their OH's and their children too. Some people, it would seem go from coping with one thing to be knocked down with something else and on it goes. The ones I know are always ready to listen, advise and support and I admire them greatly.

I often count my blessings and it most definitely helps me to cope and keep fairly positive, on the whole.

I hope your day is going okayish. :)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Thanks for the support guys...........I hadn't expected that kind of response.....

I guess whay I was trying to say in my own way is that yes, i am finding it all more of a struggle than i had anticipated and the "loss" of me as my old self is challenging!

I'm trying to stay positive and do all the normal stuff..........but find it very wearing...........yet on the other hand i know it could be so much worse.

Julia x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    it can be a big loss but when med kick in it can be so much better and the warm dry is such a help to many of us hope to day better rest when you need to do not feel guilty it helps you cope with what you must val
    val