Hi

Options
mrsshazbat
mrsshazbat Member Posts: 61
edited 8. Aug 2012, 15:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I'm Karen, and cruising down the slippery slope to my 40th birthday next month.

Not sure whether my current ailment is arthritis but I have psoriatic arthropathy on my medical records so it's a pretty good guess!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you. I once was heading towards 40 and I too had summat up with me but no-one knew what. It eventually turned out to be Psoriatic Arthritis and I reckon the 'arthropathy' on your notes might well be the indication. Where do you have the trouble? PsA traditionally starts in the smaller joints, toes and fngers especially and you may or may not have the skin trouble. I hope the forum can help you with information and support, we are a knowledgeable bunch on here! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hello Karen, dont worry about your age there will always be someone older! me for instance :lol: welcome to the forum i havnt been here long but the support is great with very caring members i feel privalaged to be able to join in xx jane
  • mrsshazbat
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you. I once was heading towards 40 and I too had summat up with me but no-one knew what. It eventually turned out to be Psoriatic Arthritis and I reckon the 'arthropathy' on your notes might well be the indication. Where do you have the trouble? PsA traditionally starts in the smaller joints, toes and fngers especially and you may or may not have the skin trouble. I hope the forum can help you with information and support, we are a knowledgeable bunch on here! I wish you well. DD

Hi DD
    Haven't been on here much since my first post so apologies for not responding sooner! I've had psoriasis all my life (well, since about 4/5) so any other side effects of that aren't really a surprise. Ironically, my psoriasis now is better than it's ever been and has practically cleared up completely.

Main source of pain right now is right thumb/joint. But I have a swollen left thumb, tennis elbow (left), painful shoulder (right), knee pain, lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain. Anywhere below my neck or above my ankles pretty much aches. The thumb pain right now is very bad.

Speak soon!
    Kx
  • mrsshazbat
    Options
    barking1 wrote:
    Hello Karen, dont worry about your age there will always be someone older! me for instance :lol: welcome to the forum i havnt been here long but the support is great with very caring members i feel privalaged to be able to join in xx jane

I have no issue with my age at all, it just amuses me that on hitting 40 everything seems to be falling apart or falling off and it seems to break the ice. I'm told I don't look it, so that works for me!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't often get the P bit, when I do it affects my palms, soles and ankles but as I said PsA is characterised by beginning in the smaller joints. Have you had any blood tests to measure your inflammation levels? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mrsshazbat
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I don't often get the P bit, when I do it affects my palms, soles and ankles but as I said PsA is characterised by beginning in the smaller joints. Have you had any blood tests to measure your inflammation levels? DD

Had some tests earlier this year becuase I felt my back pain was becoming more debilitating and it was taking me an age to stand up straight after sitting, and I thought it was affecting my posture, but all they showed up was my underactive thyroid. I haven't had any specific test for arthritis since first being diagnosed 10-15 years ago. That was a one-off where my right hand swelled up so badly I could barely write. I'm at least 2 weeks away from another GP appt and no over-the-counter painkillers are going to come close.

Have you ever heard of certain foods being a cause? The pharmacist asked me if I eat/drink a lot of dairy.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    and from me too Karen

I ADORE your username :D

Love

Toni xxx