Does anyone else like Benidorm ?

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 31. May 2017, 10:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
I suppose the T.V. snobs will be out in force, saying it's too crude blah, blah, blah, but it's just about the only comedy written prog on T.V. that makes me laugh a bit.
Most of these alternative comics leave me a bit cold, so Benidorm is like a breath of fresh air, and it's another sorry Friday night next week listening to some alternative comic who is no good boring the pants off you.
Awaits slagging off from Del............................... hurray for Benidorm. Alanthemanc

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you like it then surely that is all that matters. I send my regards to Carlos - are you topped up with fuel? Daisy is full to bursting! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    My name is Numpty, and I like Benidorm.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Its wonderful last night I nearly fell out of bed the fight scene re Savage and the lovely guy pink crocs ...... his missing teeth the blood everything ..... oh I felt better even rang my daughter to see if she had watched it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Marrianne
  • waddle
    waddle Member Posts: 116
    Options
    i have to own up to never having seen it but may look it up as could do with a good old chuckle.
    Waddle :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I saw the first couple of series and then lost interest, my OH likes it and watches it on a Friday.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    not seen it , sorry but glad you have found something you enjoy
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Coco/ Bubba/ Waddle.
    Yeh, I never really liked the first 2 series, but the last 2 have been really good. Very well written, a bit crude, but so what. It's probably on the ITV Player site if you want to get into it.

D.D. Yeh, Carlos is about half full, I can see a strike 1 week after Easter, hope your ok. Del... only a wind up mate. Alanthemanc
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    This series started off slow, but got better and better each week. Cracking comedy and I hope they keep on making it.
  • rondetto
    Options
    This series started off slow, but got better and better each week. Cracking comedy and I hope they keep on making it.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry Alan but I dont like it...I think it gives Benidorm a bad name..hope you are keeping wellish we havent heard from you for a while..
    Love
    Barbara
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Barbara
    I think most people realise that it's just over the top, the way it's written. People must know that Benidorm isn't really like that........ is it.

Yeh I'm not too bad, still having flare ups, and my imune system is in bits because of anti arthritis drugs over 40 years. Hope your ok Alanthemanc
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    Love it ,love it, love it! I thought last night's episode was hilarious, especially the fight scene. Had me in fits of laughter. :D
    What a boring world it would be if we all liked and laughed at the same things.
    Benidorm is totally OTT and really doesnt take itself seriously anyway.
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Puschinka wrote:
    Love it ,love it, love it! I thought last night's episode was hilarious, especially the fight scene. Had me in fits of laughter. :D
    What a boring world it would be if we all liked and laughed at the same things.
    Benidorm is totally OTT and really doesnt take itself seriously anyway.
    Puschinka,A kindred spirit .....It was fantastic .......... all day to day I have been out with friends ........... not one of them had seen it they just couldnt believe it could be that funny ...........but it was IT WAS GREAT :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Marrianne :)
  • barbara12
    Options
    Barbara
    I think most people realise that it's just over the top, the way it's written. People must know that Benidorm isn't really like that........ is it.

Yeh I'm not too bad, still having flare ups, and my imune system is in bits because of anti arthritis drugs over 40 years. Hope your ok Alanthemanc
    Alan Im sorry you are suffering..you should come on LWA..then you can have a good rant.
    When we were in Benidorm they were making it, and just down the road was the studios...we saw a couple of them flying around on the elec scooters
    Hope you feel better very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I do think it is funny alanthemanc but I am afraid I watch the mentalist instead as I rather like the man who plays Patrick Jane (simon baker) :D:D

I can't record it as we havent a recorder and itv plus one is too late :roll:

Juliepf x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    It's one of my favourites at the moment. I've seen a few Garvy families when I've been on holiday so it makes it all the more funny.
    Christine
  • rondetto
    Options
    It is now time to call it a day. The characters are no longer funny and the scripts just plain bad.
    Benidorm is nothing like what you see in this show. We stay in the old town which is still very Spanish and much quieter than the new town where all the night clubs and discos are.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    No, its not for us, I have seen it a couple of times. I know what you mean about the alternative comics, they are more like commentators that never quite interest me.

Thumbs up for things like Blackadder, Two Ronnies etc etc, they and their ilk just don't get made any more. I have a friend who sent in a script to aunt beeb and got nowhere, he then sent the same script back in and pretended to be a black single mother with one leg and he was then asked to 'come in and talk'!!!

You might think it far fetched, I can assure you it is very true.
  • barbara12
    Options
    rondetto wrote:
    It is now time to call it a day. The characters are no longer funny and the scripts just plain bad.
    Benidorm is nothing like what you see in this show. We stay in the old town which is still very Spanish and much quieter than the new town where all the night clubs and discos are.

my OH and me were saying the same Ron..we watched the last series and had a laugh .. Sherrie Hewson is very funny but the rest.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Never watched it but for the last 2yrs we have been going to Benidorm and love it... can't wait to go again this yr... we stay away from any of the boozy Brits on thr lash lol...
    I don't do alcohol :lol:

Hope you're all ok.. I'll try get online a bit more soon.
    Yorkshire Blokey Hugs for you all. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rondetto
    Options
    We are off there again soon, love the old town where it is much quieter and very Spanish. As for the show it has lost it's sparkle
    and they have kept on too many bad characters too long.
  • barbara12
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Never watched it but for the last 2yrs we have been going to Benidorm and love it... can't wait to go again this yr... we stay away from any of the boozy Brits on thr lash lol...
    I don't do alcohol :lol:

Hope you're all ok.. I'll try get online a bit more soon.
    Yorkshire Blokey Hugs for you all. :D

And about time you have been missed.. :) pop in the cafe for a cuppa..
    Like Ron and you we have been a few time to Benidorm and love it..May or September ..a little quieter.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    The comedy is very obvious, in your face so much so that it fails to be comic, the wit is dulled by its blunt impact, in my eyes, if a show wants to entertain me then suttlety and guile with a well written script will win.

We are well aware of peoples foibles but where is the comedy in their over played demonstration?
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I watched my first episode recently and it was hilarious. It was when Johnny Vegas Mum 'outed him' singing YMCA. I think the acting was spot on.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein