The Boat Race.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Apr 2012, 06:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
I realise that this event may not be everyone's cup of tea but the whole thing has ground to a shuddering halt thanks to a twerp swimming across the river. You have to wonder at the 'brain power' of this individual: oars are dangerous (he dived under Oxford's blades) and as the two competing boats are followed by a massive motor flotilla he could have mortally wounded. Pratt. I hope the press ignore him and his story - yeah, right!

I feel far more sorry for the crews though: the time and training they have put into this, the sacrifices they have made and the event is spoiled, if not ruined. Poor boys. They are having to row back down the river to the re-start as the tide keeps taking them away from where they had to stop. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    And his name............

BOB :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh trust you! :lol: I hope the crews are let loose on him after it's over, at the very least they should be allowed to beat him up. One thump per person should do it. They're off again - now Oxford have a broken oar so Cambridge will win. What a farce of a race. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh no it the first time in years I have missed it...there is always one the fool...I will go and see if it on the news.
    Love
    Barbara
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    And what about the poor guy who had passed out at the end of the race and was laid in the boat unconscious for some time before everyone realised he wasn't merely 'chilling' but out cold?! :o
    I hope he's allright !
    I agree, DD - those lads trained so hard for this event and that twerp, 'Bob' ( good one tj :D ) deserves no publicity but at the very least Easter behind bars!
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have to admit I missed that, Puschinka, once I realised that Cambridge would win thanks to Oxford's pushy tactics I stopped watching. I know I should support Cambridge (given where I live) but in my heart I am an Oxford girl, why that is so doesn't matter. My late Pa (and my Ma who is still extant) loved the Boat Race because in their day it was a big event. Not so now, yes? DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I was watching the boat race when the idiot decided to distrupte the race. And he says he wants everyone to join his group so they can distrupe the olympics!But why does he want to do it? I don't think he will beable to do that when there's more secruity! Well he got his 5 minutes of fame hope he enjoyed it!!