Hi

choirgirl
choirgirl Member Posts: 2
edited 10. Apr 2012, 07:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

newly diagnosed with advanced degenerative arthritis in left hip at 41. Losing weight, doing exercise and having physio/accupuncture. I'm generally positive but waking up in the night with pain is getting me down a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions about what might have helped them? :?:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I empathise with the waking up in the night, it's a common theme on here. I suggest you re-post on the LWA part of here, that's the Living with Arthritis bit where more people look in and you will probably receive more answers. I've been doing it for years now and am kinda resigned to it! You are doing the right things in trying to help yourself - what pain relief do you have? Could you take that during the night? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello choirgirl and welcome from me too. As DD says, you seem to be doing all the right things and a positive attitude will also be a big help.

Trying to juggle your meds so that you take something effective going to bed would be my solution or, if the problem is during the night rather than going to bed, I sometimes leave my paindullers, a biscuit and a glass of water at the side of the bed. It can mean, though, that you've to fiddle a bit during the day so as not to go over the limit.

Different people have different solutions so it would make sense for you to post this on the Living With Arthritis forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright