Talk Talk Bah!!!

Options
lululu
lululu Member Posts: 486
edited 12. Apr 2012, 07:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone ever tried to cancell Talk Talk I have several times as theyjust seemed to take whatever they wanted from my bank account. My 18 month contract ended and I decided to cancel, as they seemed to phone me on a regular basis I thought a good way would be to just give them notice of my leaving them after repeated requests to quit I cancelled my dd. Waited for a final bill and today I have a bill for £44 but it does not mention 'final' but it does say why not reinstate dd for the TT service, I am wondering if I pay this will they keep sending bills? The letter does not mention cancellation.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear lululu, I have yet to hear anything good about this shower of a provider. A while ago my neighbours left BT to go to them, after three months without a phone or broadband (despite numerous promises from TT) they reverted to BT. And were billed for three months of nothing by TT. Cheeky so-and-sos. I fear you may have a battle on your hands, keep a record of all letters and telephone calls (names, ranks etc!) and I hope they soon see sense. If not, go to the press. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi lululu,

Yes, I've tried to cancel TalkTalk and it took a ridiculous amount of time and effort. I asked them to close my account when I moved out of my last place, explaining that I wouldn't be able to transfer their service to my new address. Somehow this translated into their setting up a new account for me on a number I'd never used! Cue many more phonecalls, during which I'd speak with as many as four different people at any one time. It took three months for them to close the new account and I've still no idea why this happened in the first place. Cancelling your direct debit is a step in the right direction and their invitation to rejoin does seem to suggest they've closed your account, but in your position I'd contact them one last time to be sure this is the final bill. Good idea from DD to get names, if only for your own peace of mind.

Good luck!
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • lululu
    Options
    Thanks for your input DD and Pheobe certainly doesn't make me feel any better though. I am not sure that they have cancelled my account because the letter asks me to reinstate my direct debit and to make sure future payments are made on time! to make sure no restrictions are made on my service! I think this may becoume a saga. :roll:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lulu,

Can't help you but just wanted to say this is wrong and they are not playing fair.... Hope you can get it sorted soon. Cris x
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    lululu wrote:
    Thanks for your input DD and Pheobe certainly doesn't make me feel any better though.

Sorry, hun!

What may have worked for me is asking for my final bill in writing. They never managed to send it, of course, but it made me sound official and perhaps that scared them off a bit. Hope you have some good news soon :)
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • lululu
    Options
    I think I will write to them - I write a good letter.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    We changed from TalkTalk recently (It went downhill once they took over from Tiscali). In a few days time we should NOT be sending the first Direct Debit since we left. If it does still go out Mr SW (aka Victor Meldrew Mk2) is ready and waiting to threaten taking them to the small claims court.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    Options
    An excellent idea sticky I shall mention the small claims court in my letter.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Talk Talk retained the wooden spoon for worse customer service in 2012. If you read the Martin Lewis Forums you will see quite a lot of people have trouble with them.

cancel the DD if you are out of contract and you have notified them. Good luck.

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein