Haunted house

Options
katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 12. Apr 2012, 19:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
i dont know if anyone remembers but i have recently moved,well since moving i seem to have lost my fear of the dark,in the old house i was very scared of the stairs in the dark especially the hall,and also my bedroom,i used to feel something in there and if i woke during the night i sensed something leaning over me and a big dark cloud in the corner,i thought i was imagining it but since moving im happy to walk downstairs during the night without having to switch every availible light on,so what does everyone think?haunted?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    there is more in life than we understand and i do feel we share with ghosts???? or whatever they are. mind you those here as quite nice do not feel scary just feel there presents never lonely though val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Houses 'see' a great deal of life, the older they are the more likely it is that forceful human events have happened within their walls. I think that houses definitely have a 'feel' to them, some are happy and others are not. I lived in a very 'unhappy' house for about three years and loathed every single minute of being there. Perhaps another explanation, katnapp, is that you are somehow 'happier' in yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    My personal impression is that people who are afraid of the dark and believe in haunted houses are people who cannot live on their own in social terms that is.

Over dependent on their wives/husbands.

I know someone who has a massive phobia regarding the dark, and other related fears. She is bravely trying to deal with these fears through therapy. She has never had a husband, nor anyone else, to become over dependent upon.
  • katknapp
    Options
    My personal impression is that people who are afraid of the dark and believe in haunted houses are people who cannot live on their own in social terms that is.

Over dependent on their wives/husbands

Not only am i married but i am also a very strong independant women,

i have never had a fear of the dark until this house and not had a fear since i have moved either,The house was old,it just always felt as though there was something there in that room,when i slept in another room it was fine also my little girl couldnt sleep in that room either,it would have been interesting to find out the history of the house, this is a modern house and the only thing hat keeps me awake is the little **** next door thumping about!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We're in a mid-terrace and yes, the thumping from either side is intrusive! I think our terrace was built in the 1890s (there's a date plaque outside, I really must make the effort to learn how old we are!) and I am sure it's seen its fair-share of births and deaths - possibly a murder or too as well! I did find out the names of the people who first lived in this house (thanks to a local directory of information in the Records Office) but they stopped publishing it in the 30s, which was a pity. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • katknapp
    Options
    we are an end house,the boy is ten but seems to run around like a toddler with a pair of doc martins on! the old house was an arie house i think that made it 1940's ish? i think someone died there but im not sure if it was trumatic,i do think trumatic events kind of leave an imprint,im fascinated by the thought of the paranormal but not sure i would particulary want to see one lol
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I don't believe in ghosts but I've had a couple of different things happen to me, both a long time ago, that I can't explain.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Intriguing...

There's a house I pass whenever I powerchair into town and even if the sun's out I tend to shiver just as I'm going by the front wall. And I didn't realise this was happening until a friend told me that I 'always do it'. It's as though there's some sort of shadowy presence overhanging the area. Spooky!

It's great that you're feeling better settled, katknapp :)
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Tody wrote:

What a load of tosh as usual....................... :!:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • katknapp
    Options
    [/quTody wrote:My personal impression is that people who are afraid of the dark and believe in haunted houses are people who cannot live on their own in social terms that is.

What a load of tosh as usual.......................
    ote]

i take it prefab that this is a troll? :roll:
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean Katnap. a few years ago I lived in a flat and was perfectly happy there but I always wanted to be in bed before 12pm because if I stayed up til then I had to wait till after 1 because during that one hour I was afraid to open the livingroom door!
    I had lived there maybe six months when a neighbour came in for the first time and as she got to the livingroom door she said 'this is where we found aunty Mary' turned out that this aunty Mary had came home from bingo one night and had a heart atack. Aunty Mary was found the following evening and as people had noticed the lights being switched on and off estimated that aunty Mary had died around midnight.

Now then I am not afraid of the dark. I have lived alone all my adult life. I am not anti social and I think I am pretty well balanced.
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    i think you are on the wrong forum, Tody. This forum is for people with arthritis (or relatives of people with arthritis).

Your posts have a rather nasty tone to them.

Please find another forum and leave this one to genuine people.
  • katknapp
    Options
    [/quotthink you are on the wrong forum, Tody. This forum is for people with arthritis (or relatives of people with arthritis).

Your posts have a rather nasty tone to them.

Please find another forum and leave this on
    e to genuine people.e]

Totally agree,i really dont understand what he gets out of it,but from now on i think its best to ignore him,
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    I an totally not reliant on anyone else at all. I live alone, am 3 or 4 miles from the nearest street light so not at all scared of the dark in respect of the dark outside and yep I am convinced there is more to this world than just the 3d human side......

Glad your settled and happier in the new place though, nothing as bad as being somewhere that doesn;t want you there. Cris x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Katknapp,

It must be lovely for you to feel so secure and settled in your new home. :D

My parents house was similar to your last one. I hated the top floor and the stairs leading up to it and I would not spend a night alone in it if I was paid to even now as an adult. It has now been sold so that won't ever come up, thank goodness.

And I would like to add I'm very happy to have a man I love who I can rely on too much .......................just cos I want to! I'm a very lucky woman! :wink:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'