Lost Voice Guy

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Apr 2012, 13:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
This is Lee Ridley, a chap with CP who is on the brink of a new career as a stand-up (actually, now I come to think about it, he's probably a sit-down) comedian. I heard a couple of extracts from his stage show this morning - I had to turn the kettle off so I could properly hear - and I was giggling like mad. (I know, I know, it doesn't take much to set me off but oh boy!) I roughly quote:

'I have CP and I do look like this. This is not good acting, neither am I in it for the parking space.'

'When I heard I would never talk again I was speechless.'

He has been booked for three nights at the Edinburgh Festival and is currently playing sold-out venues in the north of England. He uses a voice synthesiser and friends persuaded him to give this a go. Keep an ear out for him - I think he's worth a listen. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i saw that and couldnt stop laughing , good on him for doing it x jane
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Chap goes to the dr .complaining of loss of temper etc etc last couple of weeks ....................dr when did you first become aware of these mood swings ?Chap shouts top of his voice ..............IVE JUST BLOODY TOLD YOU ONCE .....................Chap goes to the dr with both ankles swollen up ..........dr says ..GOUT .......... chap says you dont have to be like that dr .Ive only just come in ..................I cant really tell jokes :oops: :oops: :lol: ................Marrianne thankyou dd for cheering me up
  • marrianne
    Options
  • marrianne
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how many people are offended by jokes of this nature ,especially when we are feeling extra poorly ..those very bad days ,I have been in pieces crying snotting everything yet my partener has always mannaged to make me laugh even with his gallows humour at its worst ,is it a case of .Dont laugh at me ... but with me could we have a section on chit chat telling these jokes or would they be in bad taste and offend lots of us that would not be so good just a thought Marrianne :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Del, I just knew you'd do the blue stuff (Cripes! That's an unintended double entendre) In the brief interview I heard he said that disabled people were just as likely to have a sense of humour like others but it was more the able-bodied who couldn't cope with the rather dark nature of some of it. I'll have a look and see if the 'special forces' gag is on there! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    Options
    Delboy DD,I guess its true in all walks of life you get people with a great sense of humour ....... idiots like my o/h who would definately be laughing if his ar&e was on fire ...And gentle souls who are up set easily ..I find personaly some sex jokes in really bad taste yet I do laugh at jokes that get at my probs .... truely just not takeing myself to seriously does help it means people are accepting me as an equal so yes .....re the crip chat and similar are fine by me , not sure about the Ricky Gervaise but fine acting yes love Lost Voice Guy to :) Marrianne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    he was very good and did like the special forces one most would not get away with what he says but it was so good val
    val