How arthritis in my knee became my saviour .....

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 18. Apr 2012, 10:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
I read this short article on the train today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9198401/Fat-girl-slim.html

Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah well...they do say every cloud has a silver lining. Seems this lady learnt the hard way.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Thanks for that..it is very interesting how different people handle Arthur...suppose the first thing we should do is examine our diet... I read a book on allergy's..and one of the things that kept cropping up was arthritis..and how different food can effect it. x
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Thankyou for sharing this Elna, I think we are all guilty from time to time spent most of yesterday in the rhuematology clinic vowing to try harder for a healthy life style only just got dressed ,and I eaten a fair few hand fulls of toffee pop corn ....(which I did not buy)...... but now I am wearing yesterdays tracksuit as a reminder and the walk around the garden will be a walk to the fields round the fields and back 15 mins because I have left it late but I will have a glass of water instead of yet another coffee and try again Marrianne :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Thanks for that cus its made me think as well.... I am getting bigger and bigger and well that's not a good thing so shall try and do something about it as well.....

She did well in the end though eh?

Tea and a ((((( ))))) Love Cris xx