Why do I have so many?

Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,415
edited 27. Apr 2012, 11:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why do I have so many clothes airers? I have 2 of the cocertina type and 5 fold outs! Is this normal, or has some kind of fetish crept up on me? Can a fetish creep up on you? What is the usual number of clothes airers per household?
Oh no I've just realized, I have 3 outdoor washing lines as well!!
1 rotary and 2 traditional lines between posts!
I think this may border on obsession. HELP! I need therapy.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    what are you playing at all those have a sale get rid they only lead to iorning be done with them (have 3 out side and 2 in) val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,774
    Numpty, you really should not be posting this sort of thing on a public forum. As soon as George Osborne gets wind of the fact that you are a seven (7 :o ) airer household he'll be slapping a tax on them and we'll all suffer.

I suggest you immediately swap a few airers for a pasty, a postage stamp and a jerry can.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    That sounds ok to me I want a rotary one my back garden is to small for a line and my o/h wont let me put one in the front garden but a rotary one might be ok as we have plenty of trees .I need a smallish one though I have looked on A........son ... but they all seem biggish .....so I tend to use the tumble/dryer and its just getting to expensive clothes are much nicer dried outside Marrianne :( .........oh fetish ermmm cant think of any at the moment ........what about cant throw out empty boxes if they are pretty :roll:
  • Numptydumpty
    Ha ha Sticky, I hadn't thought of that! (note to self, be more discreet about guilty secrets).
    I do think that outside line drying is best. I have a large woodburning stove, set in an inglenook fireplace, in my kitchen. So, on rainy days, the airers sit nicely around that. Also, Humpty, (don't tell him I call him that) has rigged up a sheila maid above it. My god, that's another one isn't it ?!!
    Yours, increasingly worried,
    Numpty
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Well its either a sign that you are becoming a hoarder or your clothes airers have been breeding :o:D ....i have to admit i have 3 plus radiator airers which i never use but might come in handy one day :D
  • Numptydumpty
    Oohhh Katnapp, that reminds me, I have 3 radiator airers as well! Is there no end to this madness?
    I hang my head in shame.
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,152
    I thought i had only got two ,one inside and one out then radiator airers came up i have three of those. Mig
  • thewifie
    thewifie Member Posts: 79
    4 clothes lines outside useful for the one day of the year when it does not rain, one clothes horse and one 'pulley' in the kitchen which I refuse to get rid of as it's so handy. Also dry towels and jeans on the top banisters as well. I may be normal here :lol:

However I do have over a thousand thimbles....are fimbles a fetish ?
  • marrianne
    thewifie wrote:
    4 clothes lines outside useful for the one day of the year when it does not rain, one clothes horse and one 'pulley' in the kitchen which I refuse to get rid of as it's so handy. Also dry towels and jeans on the top banisters as well. I may be normal here :lol:

However I do have over a thousand thimbles....are fimbles a fetish ?
    .......Thimbles are nice you can look at them remember how you came by them :):) ...my daughter collected rubbers for years .......just realised mine could be tea towels I have hundreds...... Marrianne :lol::lol:
  • thewifie
    thewifie Member Posts: 79
    Hehe ermm I think maybe you should call them erasers :oops: :oops:
  • marrianne
    thewifie wrote:
    Hehe ermm I think maybe you should call them erasers :oops: :oops:
    ..................O M G :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: I wouldnt have realised truely thankyou the wifie :lol: Marrianne
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,152
    Just what i thought. :shock: somebodies bound to think the wrong thing.Mig
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Watching pure white nappies blowing on the line...heaven! :)
    this thread could lead to a whole new fetish thread! (interesting)
  • Numptydumpty
    I have just mentioned my concerns about the number of airers I have, to Humpty. He seems to think the weird thing, is the fact I've counted them in the first place!
    thewifie, do you use any of the said thimbles?
    Maybe I should get a display cabinet for my airer collection!
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • marrianne
    ruby2 wrote:
    Watching pure white nappies blowing on the line...heaven! :)
    this thread could lead to a whole new fetish thread! (interesting)
    Ruby but not the sudden down pours ........ rest fetish thread daring but fun Marrianne :)
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    I've got at least three :o
    Pretty/nice/unusual shopping bags. I hate plastic carrrierbags and in my
    'pre-crutch' days I used to walk to the shops whenever I could,( not just to save fuel but as I loved walking and it kept me fit) often carrying 3 or 4 bags of shopping. I have a huge collection of them.
    Not the usual blue and white checked type. But with all sorts of different novelty designs on them. This is my Mum's fault, I have to say.
    Ever since I moved to the UK 35 years ago, whenever she sends a parcel, which is at least 4 x a year ( Xmas,birthdays,Easter etc) she always wraps delicate things in nice teatowels and also uses them as padding.
    ( I think it's really more her fetish than mine :D )
    Tea and coffee mugs. I just can't stop buying them!
    I see a nice,unusual one and I have to have it. I've got mugs in my cubboards that have never even been anywhere near a teabag of coffee grain.
    This is a fun thread, Numpty !! :D
    So good to see other people have weird 'collections' in their homes too.
  • Puschinka
    Sorry - a few words went astray there somehow!
    The second fetish is teatowels, they are what my lovely Mum sticks in evey parcel.
  • marrianne
    Puschinka ,I love tea/towels .......I have at least 100 ........I use about 5 per day we have pets and yes sometimes yes .........I know they jump on the work tops .........the cats love a nice pile of fresh ironing to rest on ..........dettox and changing the tea/towels ad nuseum has stopped us from having many A dreaded lurgy . love your shopping bags to .Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    Puschinka ,I love tea/towels .......I have at least 100 ........I use about 5 per day we have pets and yes sometimes yes .........I know they jump on the work tops .........the cats love a nice pile of fresh ironing to rest on ..........dettox and changing the tea/towels ad nuseum has stopped us from having many A dreaded lurgy .Marrianne:)
  • Puschinka
    As fetishes go, Marianne - teatowels are a fairly harmless one, lol.
    And I bet your cats have a whole host of fetishes, like they do. :D
    Hope you have a good week.xx
  • desjumeaux
    desjumeaux Member Posts: 52
    ha ha this is so funny,

I have only one clothes airer, but boxes and bags full of knitting wool, (which I do use) I just love to buy wool.

Also packets of jelly mix, I recently moved and when we emptied the kitchen there where at least two dozen packets of jelly mix.

:roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Two indoor airers, three radiator ones and I use the landing rail for duvet covers. I don't put washing out any more as ladybird poo spoils my clean washing. :roll: Mr DD's shirts are hung in doorways which is the spur to iron the blasted things. As for a fetish: men. Love 'em! DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Ooh DD,
    men used to be my fetish. I don't know if it's the meds or what, but apart from Humpty...
    Of course there is the odd exception, Denzel Washington for instance. I wonder if he has a penchant for a woman with gutter crutches!
    If only airers could buy a round of drinks.....
    Numpty
  • marrianne
    Your would certainly need your indoor airers today Numpty the rain here is relentless .DD its lovely to see you back .Marrianne :)
  • Puschinka
    When looking for something this morning, I came across a box in my spare bedroom, containing 18 plug-in airfresheners!!! :o
    Everytime one was used up, I used to keep the plug-in thingy, as the refills used to be cheaper than a whole new unit.

It was a 'real struggle' and caused me great mental anguish,LoL, but after a long inner battle with the hoarder in me, I forced myself to throw them out, as they're always on offer these days anyway.
    Well... I've kept four :D because you never know.
    In this day of energy-awareness, plug in airfresheners may be a thing of the past soon, like ordinary lightbulbs.

God I miss those :cry: - no flickering, no headaches,no buzzing noise and much brighter.
    Just between us -- I have a stash of 60 and 100 Watt ones... :o but that pile is getting worryingly smaller... d015.gif

Who's Online

frogmorton
frogmorton
stickywicket
stickywicket
+14 Guests