Under the Weather

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 24. Apr 2012, 18:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I hope you are all coping well! I've not been around much this last week or so, as I've had a nasty eye infection thing. A feeling of pressure, as if my eye was being pushed and blurred vision, light sensative. Went to the docs and saw the duty doc who examined it and gave me antibiotics, as he thought it was a sinus infection. Anyway, its a lot better now.

I just feel depressed today and very tired. I've spent all morning doing nothing much, but at least I was up!! My finger joints are so swollen at the moment and red and painful. I can't bare to squeeze a cloth good excuse for not doing much. Was worried on Wenesday as my hands would't hold the knife and in the end I had to give up and let my husband cut my food up. Never realised how hard it is to give up and let someone else do things like that, I used to do it at work when I was a carer. My legs ache and back hurts.
Sorry I'm so depressed today. :) I don't mean to moan like this! I feel like I've lost my sense of humour and I really hope I find it soon!! Love Suexxx

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I remember when my husband first had to cut my food for me. It's not a nice feeling. I am getting used to it now though. It's horrible not being able to grip things. Yes you get out of some of the jobs you don't like doing, but, you can't do some of the things you do like!
    Sorry about the moan, I intended to cheer you up, not have a groan!
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch, Sue. I agree, it's not nice to have to ask our nearest and dearest to do very basic tasks for us. If the soreness and stiffness in the hands continues, you can buy cutlery with extra thick handles which are easier to hold. However, I think it's just that you're feeling so very low at the moment; everything seems worse when we're like that and maybe the anti-bios aren't helping on that score. I hope tomorrow will be a bit better and I'm leaving a few of these for today ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Sue

Youve got every reason for being absolutely cheesed off...Youve had lots of horrid things happening to you and it mustve been scary the eye infection, just glad its sounding as if its clearing up somewhat..
    The other stuff with your joints and not even being able to squeeze properly sounds like its been all wearing you down...
    So I think the moan is totally jusitifed and hope things let up for a while for you, you deserve it...

Chin up

Elainex
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello,
    I hope you are all coping well! I've not been around much this last week or so, as I've had a nasty eye infection thing. A feeling of pressure, as if my eye was being pushed and blurred vision, light sensative. Went to the docs and saw the duty doc who examined it and gave me antibiotics, as he thought it was a sinus infection. Anyway, its a lot better now.

I just feel depressed today and very tired. I've spent all morning doing nothing much, but at least I was up!! My finger joints are so swollen at the moment and red and painful. I can't bare to squeeze a cloth good excuse for not doing much. Was worried on Wenesday as my hands would't hold the knife and in the end I had to give up and let my husband cut my food up. Never realised how hard it is to give up and let someone else do things like that, I used to do it at work when I was a carer. My legs ache and back hurts.
    Sorry I'm so depressed today. :) I don't mean to moan like this! I feel like I've lost my sense of humour and I really hope I find it soon!! Love Suexxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Sue no wonder you feel so down, when pain is relentless it can certainly caused you to be depressed, I do hope that the ABs work on your eye, and that the Arthur pain will ease for you very soon .
    Dont you forget we are all here for you to get things off your chest, you take care..and here's some hugs to be going on with (((((()))) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Just wanted to add my 'hope you soon feel a bit better' wishes.
    I can't say that I know how those of you with really bad hands feel as mine ache a bit at times, but not enough to stop me doing things. It must be horrible not being able to do what the rest of us take for granted.
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    It's good to have a moan from time I time.

I really hope you feel better soon. Take lots of care of yourself.

Fols x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Dear Sue

well.....

I have looked under the bed and in the garage. I've looked in the fridge and on the doorstep and can't find your sense of humour :?

These being places l often loose things :oops:

Sue have a day to feel a little sorry for yourself, you have had a rough time and it is so so so hard to have help when you are used to being the 'helper' isn't it?

If you don't pick up soon...we can throw you a rope down the wallow pit (as Cris skezier calls it :wink: ) and haul you up to safety.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    Oh no Sue - please don't lose your sense of humour!!!
    I'm sorry you're feeling so rough at the moment and hope you soon feel better!
    I'm sure your sense of humour isn't far away... just hiding behind the sofa maybe :wink: or taking a break to make you see how important it is to hang on to it.
    My Dad used to say "Laughter is the best medicine" and that we should never let a day go by without laughter.
    I know Laughter doesn't cure things... but it just makes you feel that little bit better when you can laugh at something. :D, even when in pain.
    I just laugh at myself if all else fails!

Sending you a big :D and warm wishes for a speedy re- union with your S.O.H. s087.gif
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hi , Sue , sorry to hear you've been feeling so low ; on the food cutting problem ; I bought an amazing rocker knife from a site called the abil**y superstore . They do 2 sizes of knife and I can now cut most foods myself with them . Keep searching for that sense of humour though , it won't be too far away . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Morning Sue. How are you feeling today? I hope it's a bit better but don't worry if it isn't. We still want to see you on here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    You've been through a lot lately especially with your eye problems and it's no wonder you're feeling exhausted and down. It's never easy to ask for help especially as you've been used to being the one who gives it but hopefully your hands will get a little better and it won't be long before you're able to do more again. In the meantime, try to be good to yourself for a few days and give yourself a little treat or two, you deserve them.
    Sending big hugs. Rita.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I hope I didn't depress too many others, you'r all so kind and understanding. Being in pain is horrible and I know everyone on here understands that!
    My eyes are feeling better today and tomorrow I'll stop the antib's. My hands are still giving me problems, but I'm trying to go easy with the things I do and asking for help. I'm trying not to let things get on top of me and determined to cope mood wise! Resting seems to help, but it makes me feel lazy, and I am going to really try to get my muscle strength better, with the right help.
    Yes, I'm more positive at today, but it doesn't always work! I hate leaving things undone because I'm tired, but its also stupid to carry on and become horrible. Thanks everyone Love Suexxx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Sue

Glad you are more positive today, keep resting and pace your self. I too hate asking for things to be done for me :(

Have a duvet day sometimes we just gotta rest :roll:

Hope the eye infection has cleared up now!

Rose x