Finger Pain

Options
Lotsofpain
Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
edited 24. Apr 2012, 14:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have increasing pain and stiffness in the middle finger of my left hand mainly on the palm side. Sometime it is hard to move sometimes it jumps and or clicks. The pain is centred where the finger meets the hand. It is improved if I press on both sides further up the hand or on the wrist

Is it just arthritis can anything be done. Will supporting it / resting it help or just make it worse

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I honestly can't remember what a normal finger should feel like, Lots ofpain, but I'm bumpimg this up in the hope that someone else will.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Lotsofpain,

Just the other day, the little finger of my right hand was a bit sore in the same position as you describe and it stuck occasionally too. I could unstick it by squeezing just below with my left thumb and index finger and it felt better once I waggled my fingers around a bit as part of my physio regime, pretending to play the piano.

I hope your pain eases soon, but if not I'd give your doc or nurse a quick ring just in case it's a different sort of problem.

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry I wont be much help ..the pain in my hand is in my thumb and wrist, I do wear a support, but apparently you are not suppose to wear them to much, has you can make it weaker.
    I do hope that someone will be along that an offer more help..you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara