A.C. AWARENESS WEEK IN THE NORTH EAST

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 24. Apr 2012, 17:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Its Arthritis Care week middle of May.
If anyone lives in the North East we are having a stand in the Grainger market in the center of Newcastle. This will be the 16th and the 17th
Its just an information stand and there will be people there to discuss arthritis with members of the public that are curious and have any questions.
Like last year....a man said to me.....no I cant get a blue badge, Have you applied? No....I dont get benefits He thought he had to get DLA before he was entitled to a BB
Love
Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A bit too far north for me, Hileena, but I hope it all goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    I would pop in but i'll be at work on the 16th and at the Freeman (probably all most of the day thanks to their wonderful organisation skills)on the 17th.
    Good luck I hope you get a lovely sunny couple of days for it
    Chrissie
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky and Chrissie
    I know its too far for you stiky but what a pity Chrissie that you will be in the Freeman. Oh well ...never mind.
    I think its actually iun the grainger market itself under cover so shouldnt matter if its sunny or not :lol:
    They tell me nothing except as an information volunteer........there is a stand will you help :roll:
    Lovew
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i hope it goes well can not be there as away 12th till 19th but will be thinking of you good luck val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sorry hun, I'm not far from the Sticky one so a bit too far, but the very best of luck and I hope they get you a chair :shock: :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lorraines
    lorraines Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi Heelna,
    I'm off work the 16th so will come down and say hello, take something warm to wear I find it's always cool in that market,I worked in there quite a few years ago and still remember how cold it was.
    See you then
    Lorraine x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies

Lorraine be sure and introduce yourself ...please :D
    I've never worked there but I know how cold it can be.

Tony.....thats the one good thing about AC committee meetings/branch meetings or anything like that We all have arthritis....including the committee so we are always told to get up and move around when we need to {even in the middle of a course} and we always have chairs and as many volunteers as possible so we can have loads of breaks.
    I'll take my 4 wheel rollator {with seat} :wink: so I'll have my own seat :lol:
    Love
    Hileena