Phone call or letter for ESA

Options
PollySid
PollySid Member Posts: 343
edited 26. Apr 2012, 13:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm a bit confused over whether I will be getting a letter or a phone call to give me the dreaded decision for the ESA.
I'm sure I have seen somewhere that someone said they were told over the phone and then got a letter later on.

I got a letter from them this morning which I opened with dread, but it was just the £10 travel expenses notification. At least I am in their system somewhere :roll:

I suppose I should ring them and ask for a copy of my report, but don't want to depress myself any further if it is full of untruths as many have been reported as being. I did ring and ask a couple of days after my medical but was told that they hadn't received the report yet. I have since read that it should be with them the same day as the medical :?

Do you think they are as bad as people are saying they are? There must be some people that are satisfied with them surely?

Comments

• sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well I got a letter last time, to say I had nil points.

but this this time being a second one not sure if they will phone or write..but I would assume the latter. I phoned them this morning asking for a copy of the report so If I need to appeal I am ready.

stephen
    04_pain.jpg
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi Both, in my experience of ESA they usualy follow anything up with a letter, only take it as is when you have anything in writing.

All the best. xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    I've always had mine via post, except when they don't bother to contact me at all that is :roll:

Good luck with it, keeping fingers crossed for you.

Fols x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Polly
    Sorry I ant help but I have everything crossed for you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • huskyjill
    huskyjill Member Posts: 17
    Options
    I just had a phone call with the results and they said they will send a letter as well
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I had a letter too with my decision,

Over a yr later i am still appealing and have no appeal date..

Good luck, hope it goes your way...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    PollySid

I think if the decision maker has had the decision since 16th April thats not a bad thing....Mine they decided the same day and I had the assessment on wed, it was in the post thursday, i got it friday...So am hoping the fact they are still deciding yours is a good omen..

Elainex
    PollySid wrote:
    I'm a bit confused over whether I will be getting a letter or a phone call to give me the dreaded decision for the ESA.
    I'm sure I have seen somewhere that someone said they were told over the phone and then got a letter later on.

I got a letter from them this morning which I opened with dread, but it was just the £10 travel expenses notification. At least I am in their system somewhere :roll:

I suppose I should ring them and ask for a copy of my report, but don't want to depress myself any further if it is full of untruths as many have been reported as being. I did ring and ask a couple of days after my medical but was told that they hadn't received the report yet. I have since read that it should be with them the same day as the medical :?

Do you think they are as bad as people are saying they are? There must be some people that are satisfied with them surely?
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I had a phone call to add points so as not to have a tribunel... Wonderful, the only thing is that ESA finished for me in April, due to the new rule about only having it for a year if you're in WRAG group, thought it was too good to be true. Still, it saved the tribunal stress!!! :o