Nerve conductivity test

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 26. Apr 2012, 11:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I know i haven't been around much, but i have been thinking about how some of you are, and i have been sending them positive vibes through cyber space lol..

I know there are a few on here that have nerve problems and a few of you may remember i am experiencing problems with my nerves too which is currently being controlled with gabapentin and amitriptyline. I am still under investigation and am due to have a nerve conductivity test on thursday.

I was just wondering if anybody has experienced this and if the results are talked through with you then or are they sent to your consultant..?

Here's a hug for you all (((((((((((ac))))))))))
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No experience of it, Traluvie, but thanks for the positive vibes and I shall be available for pocket duties if required. Hope it goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Cant help you but will be there for you on thursday.Mig
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks both..

My friend is driving us there which is a great help, the hospital is a 45 min - 1hr drive away and withe me unable to take me gabapentin at the moment i am hobbling round with one dead leg , and the right is not at it's best either lol, so you can imagine what difficulty it would be on public transport and trying to find my way there.. i am the worst person for directions, so where i would end up i'd have no idea lol,...
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hey T, long time no post, could ask hows you but by the looks of it not at ya best. Haventbeen about much either n when i do i find u have posted.

No to nerve test things but will be interested to see how it goes and what they show, d keep us posted hun.
    And remember, here if ya need hun. Huge cyber (((((((((x))))))))))

Take care, sees ya
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Hi Tracy

Can't help you with the test but would be interested to know as hopefully they will do the same for me as I have 2 dead feet, half a dead hand and down there too :oops:

Be good to know if they can fix this.

Good luck with it, sending you lots of vibes and an extra spoon.

Fols x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi hun, good to see ya online..

I had one done on mi wrists a while back for the carpal tunnel, is that what you mean?
    Mine was absolutely fine, nothing to worry about, just some clips on fingers etc and a mild current run through...
    I don't know if it is your hands etc, BUT i did have my legs done many years ago, that was a tad different, long needles inserted into the calves BUT again, hardly any discomfort hun so I am sure that you will be alright, plus we'll all be there to make sure they don't hurt ya :D:wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tracy
    Sorry I cant help, but I see that Tony has answered your question..so I will wish you well with it all, and pleases let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks all...

CLARE- yes i havent been about much, same old, up n down like a yo yo lol,
    hope things are not too bad with you :) Take care

FOLARA- it is very bizzarre isn't it when you have limbs that go to sleep, feel like a dead weight and pins and needles running through. I really hope i can get some answers, will post and let you know how it goes.

TONY- Long time no see, me old mucka lol. Good to hear your test went well, so did you find out on the day that all was clear?
    I have just read on the hospital website they have invested in large leather chairs to make the experience more comfortable, i reckon i may have half hours kip lol.

BARBERA- Thanks luvie.. all will be well , i have you guys to support me, i shall have no probs what so ever, might need you to wake me up at the end if i doze lol..

Take care all and thanks.. (((((X)))))
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi hun.. Now this is my memory we are talking about now BUT I think I had to wait for the results.. And no comfy chairs for us tough Northerners, mine was done in the basement at the local aberttoir, I had to stand for six hours on broken glass whilst singing "Ilkley Moor Bar 'Tat" lol :wink:
    Lovely to see you online again mi dear :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi hun.. Now this is my memory we are talking about now BUT I think I had to wait for the results.. And no comfy chairs for us tough Northerners, mine was done in the basement at the local aberttoir, I had to stand for six hours on broken glass whilst singing "Ilkley Moor Bar 'Tat" lol :wink:
    Lovely to see you online again mi dear :D

Thanks Tony i was literally lmao :lol:

Im liking the idea that i am going to be more comfortable than you were lol
    Am ok about the test its the after bit that sets ya thinking lol.. positive vibes though... all the way ..x :)
  • tjt6768
    Options
    You could always come UP NORTH for the tough love treatment lol..

Blokey hugs for ya... Best of luck..

Oh, is it hands you're having done??
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    Options
    I am presuming its the places where my symptoms are, so would think arms,hands, legs.., it didnt actually say in the letter, so will prob find out more when i get there lol..
    I have a habit of just going along with things and forgetting to ask the whys,hows and do's lol..called being blonde i think :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    DOH... lol

As I said, the hands and wrists were just like peg things, the calves were LONG needles :o:lol:

Best of luck hun..

Think it's time I hit the sack, the pain drain train has run me over yet again :roll: :wink::D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tracy,

Long time no see and good to see you again :D

I have had the wrists and the feet done.... they used stick n thingumies and then they put a shock through and it times how long it takes for the nerves to respond... the quicker the better.

I didn't get the results the same day... took weeks actually but you gp will have the report fairly quickly I think?

We have time delay problems this end.....It might be different where you are.

Th shock they use is no worse than my electric fence flower and its not painful jut a quick 15 min test.....

Will be in yoru pocket and we do bring out on hay... and a hoover... :lol::lol:

You ill never know we have been there..... :wink:

Hang in there flower and hope you will be able to take the gabs again soon. ((((( ))))) and a cuppa. Cris xx
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks Cris,

Am set and rearing to go now..

That cuppa sounds nice and i have the gabapentin ready to take as soon as i am out the hospital lol..

Hope your as ok as ok can be cris :) take care..xx
  • traluvie
    Options
    After getting lost on the way to the hospital and arriving 20 mins late i thought it was going to be one of them days..
    The test itself was fine, made me jerk a few times but not painful..
    How did it go??? well not too sure, she did some extra tests on my left leg(the one that feels liek a dead weight) and said they would analyse it then send the results..

So now its a waiting game, not stressing just grateful i can take my gabapentin again to try and calm down these cramps and dead weights lol..x