Wrist pain

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 25. Apr 2012, 22:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok?

I've been having pain and discomfort in my wrists for a good year or so. They really crack and I've noticed some reduction in movement. Now I'm getting very sharp pains around the wrist area when I do certain things. Driving is uncomfortable. Today, I went to take the lid of a packed lunch box and the pain that went through my wrist was excrutiating. As I'm typing, I have a constant pain in the base of my palms, near the wrist. I can't write properly, my 'b' looks like an 'l', -can't seem to get my wrists or fingers to move correctly. Does that make sense?

Anyone else get this? I'm still waiting for my new referral to come through. I'm really struggling with every joint in my body aching plus I'm very, very tired.

Any advice would be great,

Magenta xx

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magenta,

I have awful pain in the base of thumb and into the wrist :( it like someone knocking a nail in the joint ouch!! I have some Isotoner theraputic fingerless gloves from the OT they help my hands and wrists a little it doesn't stop that nail/hammmering tho :( See if you can get some, before i had them i used tubigrip it just helps support the joints.

Hope your referral comes through soon

Rose x
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    Can't really offer any advice Magenta but my good wishes that you get your referral real soon.
    I find that my hands placed in my heated wheatbags for a while ( the microwave type that stink the place out whilst they're 'cooking'...the wheatbags that is, not the hands!! :o ) do help a bit when my wrists get those stabbing pains.
    Maybe try that?
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Know the feeling your describing well.
    I hope that your referal will come through soon and you can get the help and support you need ..
    Might be worth talking to your GP as they can refer you for splints
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Got my isotoner gloves on this morning as wrists are playing up,dont know if its all this damp weather we have been having but gloves do help to keep wrists warm.Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Magenta, I understand what your going through my fingers and thumbs ache and get painful too. As the others say you need to arrange to see your G.P and get refered to get some splints fitted and wait for your referal to see someone about your wrists comes. I hope you get some relief soon as I know how painful and achy wrists can be.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Eileen

l have some isotoner gloves as recommended by our Roses1 :wink:

OTs though are the best place for wrist support.

Love

Toni xxx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi all,

I've got splints but they're in work :oops: I'll try and remember to bring them home.

Today, tried for a wee nap. Lying on my side and my right arm was over my body and hand resting on the mattress-so hand/wrist bent. My hand and arm up to my elbow became completely numb. Wonder if it's Carpal tunnel?

Magenta x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Eileen,

Right there with you flower! I have quite a bit of lack of movement now as well the left one can;t take money any more cus it doesn't turn properly at all...

I almost at the point of asking people to put the money in the till and take their change at the hideous sale I still do.... :roll:

Life gets hard eh?

I got 2 sets of splints... one with metal and one with but and they help especially with the heavy stuff outside..... Mine I am lucky with they are fusing in a way that's ok..... My friend said I would be better having them fused as it stops the pain and maybe its something we both could look into?

Mind I think its Legs who had hers fuse up them self? That what mine are doing and they haven't offered any opinion on mine... I guess they wont now either....

Night time they kick.... The oxy's help and maybe your GP could help to things moving o you can get better help than you have got....

I do get cross for you as for as long as I have known you you have not had the help you need. Hang in there and I leaving another bucket of universal fixer.... extra strong and half drunk :wink: , a (((( ))))) and a cuppa. Cris xx