Feeling Better Thank you!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 26. Apr 2012, 14:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Today I'm feeling a lot better, finished the antibiotics last night and they always upset me a bit. Also the pain in my hands is a little better today and my mood has lifted a bit. Thanks to everyone on here who sympathised.
I don't know if anyone remembers I went through CBT at Christmas time and it was helpful but, it came at difficult time of my life family-wise. Anyway I'm seeing my GP next week and think I'll ask about maybe doing it again or going privately for some more councelling. Now my niece has settled in her care home and the paper work is going through, its taken the strain off me. Stress makes my arthritis worse, whether I tense up more or just become down and not so able to cope. I know lots of people find that and its understandable. Anyway thanks for being there, lots of love Sue xxxx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's good to know, Sue. You've certainly had a lot of stress and that's always bad news for our joints. I hope the upwards trend continues.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Sue it so good to hear you are feeling a little better, I do remember you going for counselling, and like you, I think this is the perfect time to have more.
    You had so many worries and stress,maybe there was just to much going on, so if it helps through all that just imagine it without the stress
    Im so glad your niece is settled, it must be a load off your mind bless.
    Now you take care of you...and I really do wish you well with it all ((((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Its good your feeling better and I so hope the dawn will bring you a good and kind day.

I think that's a good idea re the CBT.... it can really help though I have had a lot of the other kind of counselling there are cope Technic and acceptance in that one a well... though both are often lacking as you might have noticed...... :roll:

Leaving a ((( ))) and a cuppa for the morning and a hope as well. Cris xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad your feeling better woodbon , fingers crossed it stays like this for you. I hope you get the C.B.T arranged and that it helps you again. Good luck with sorting it and I hope you carry on feeling good.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better hope it lasts.Mig
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Thankyou all for the lovely replies. I am still feeling a lot better, mentally and it helps physically too I think. I am trying to do things more gentely, stopping after a short while and sitting down for a while then going back when I am more rested - it seems to help!
    I'm going to see about some more councelling, I want to get out of this cycle of feeling better, doing too much, getting pain, then depressed because of pain........ easier said than done but I'm defo on the up!!! Love Sue xxx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    This is good news indeed Sue. Try not to overdo it....easier said than done I know.This rubbish is such a vicious circle. Good luck May