Work focused interview....

Options
gilly1957
gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
edited 27. Apr 2012, 03:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

I had to go for another work focused interview today.

The advisor seemed to be really pushy about getting back into work, Id like to know who she thinks would employ me at 54,when i cant sit, walk or stand for long, cant bend or crouch or kneel.....lose track of my concentration cos of pain.....and have lymphodema and get a leg like an elephant if i sit with it down for too long......oh and my knee gives way....

There are so many fit,able bodied people who are unemployed, i dont think id stand a chance.....

gill :shock:

Comments

• Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Grrrrrr!!!!! This kind of injustice realy makes my blood boil d015.gif
    Poor you, Gill!!!
    As if you haven't got enough to cope with!

It's right what you say, Gill and moreover, there are soooo many able-bodied people whose only 'illness' is lazyness :x but they get away with their scheming and sponging, getting every benefit under the sun, because they've got no conscience,no morals and no shame.

Whilst genuine people like yourself get hassled, patronised,bullied and intimidated by Jobworth's Pencilpusher like the woman who gave you a hard time!!!! Grrrrrr... it really does infuriate me!!! a020.gif

Don't let 'em get to you, Gill!!
    What does she know about your pain ?! Sweet nothing!
    She's only doing her job, but I hope she at least has the odd sleepness night, when her conscience keeps her awake!!
    Warm greetings to you Gill. x
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Gill

you see this si the sort of thread which makes me angry :(

they shouldn't be hassling you like this.

Have you though about seeing your MP so he/she knows about these interveiws. I dont think they understand about the 'real' people behind the statistics....

Love

Toni xxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Gill

Im neaarly 10 years younger than you but have same problems with knee, standing, crouching, giving way...Havent seen my work focus interviewer person at jobcentre for a good few months now but last time I did he thought I was totally employable, referred me to a guy from A4E who have since been investigated and the government removed a lot of funding from jobcentres...
    It beggars belief that these people can do this kind of job and believe the rubbish that comes out of their mouth...Wish common sense could previal when its needed in your case and sorry youre having to play out this charade....Im guessing youve told them how this makes you feel Gill?

Elainex
    gilly1957 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I had to go for another work focused interview today.

The advisor seemed to be really pushy about getting back into work, Id like to know who she thinks would employ me at 54,when i cant sit, walk or stand for long, cant bend or crouch or kneel.....lose track of my concentration cos of pain.....and have lymphodema and get a leg like an elephant if i sit with it down for too long......oh and my knee gives way....

There are so many fit,able bodied people who are unemployed, i dont think id stand a chance.....

gill :shock:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Gill,

Its such a stupid system it really is.... I agree with you who would employ us lot with abled bodied folks about?!

A friend of mine had this problem and hopefully she will look in and see your post cus she managed to get them t understand she was too bad to hold down a job!!

All I can say is HOW ******* dare they!!!

What are they playing at?!

I don;t know much about it as I am self employed... I might be broke but i haven't got that hassle.... You hang in there and I so hope someone can help you to get them to understand we are not able bodied and we have huge challenges with both movement and pain!

Gill I am cross for you flower but hang in there. A cyber ((( ))) and a hope things will get easier for you. Cris x
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    I have a fantastic lady at the job centre who I see as part of my work focused interview, not pushy at all..infact she is telling me things to help get around the system. such as you can refuse to do anything if you feel it will cause you pain. plus she was giving me tips on how to fill in the esa50 form...she now just phones me every so often to see how i am getting on...

Its a real pity that your advicer is such a ahole as its hard enough living day to day without the stress and presure from those kind of people..

stephen.
    04_pain.jpg
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hope you find someone who understands better next time, the added pressure sure doesn't help..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Gill
    This is awful and like the others have said I am soo angry for you, they are just picking on the weakest....this in it self is totally disgusting.
    I do wish you well with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Hi Gill

Bloody beaurocrats have not an iota of idea just how hard it is for us. Makes my blood boil, there is no way we can get a job. I am having major problems getting into the right group despite my double incontinence problems the powers that be say I can work. My MP is on side now. I've sent 4 letters, by rec del, to the ESA and they haven't even answered me.

Makes me want to scream. Stick to your guns and good luck x

Fols x
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I've just logged on and seen all these lovely messages,thank you all so much, they are really appreciated.

Im still quite worried but will wait and see what happens when i go back in 2 months time, I've got a questionaire that she said i must fill in and take back with me, it asks questions about my attitude to work etc, i was told i had to fill it in but on the form it says its voluntary!!!

I was also told i should do a maths and english course and think about doing a half day a week as a volunteer, might manage for a couple of days then i would'nt be able to move.... :shock:
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Gilly

I attended an english course with Learndirect as part of this with the government...I found it very difficult, sitting in the chair, getting there etc...The course itself was an insult to my intelligence, was like being back at primary school...Didnt understand why I was sent for this and wouldnt do it again...If you have any doubts dont do it please and make yourself worse...

Elainex
    gilly1957 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I've just logged on and seen all these lovely messages,thank you all so much, they are really appreciated.

Im still quite worried but will wait and see what happens when i go back in 2 months time, I've got a questionaire that she said i must fill in and take back with me, it asks questions about my attitude to work etc, i was told i had to fill it in but on the form it says its voluntary!!!

I was also told i should do a maths and english course and think about doing a half day a week as a volunteer, might manage for a couple of days then i would'nt be able to move.... :shock:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, When we live with such a high level of unemployment why on earth does all that money get spent trying make people go to search for jobs that aren't thier in the first place.

Its turned sick and disabled people into hate objects, labeling them as work shy, when most of us would love to go out and do something and feel part of society again. I've thought of voluntry work but even that needs a certain amount of reliability thats hard to give when bad days come along. Sorry, I'm ranting on again! Love Sue
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    Voluntary work??? :x
    Going back to school to learn English and Maths??? :x
    What the hell is that all about?! The cheek!
    More insult to injury !
    I am apalled and sooo angry on your behalf, Gill.
    Hang in there Gill - they can't force you to do anything and if the form states 'voluntary' then it should be.
    xx
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    Hi, just a note about all the things they want you to do..all of is your choice..they can force you to do if you dont want to..they are there only to advise you of your options and to help you understand your choices nothing more...was told this by my back to work adviser.

I question everything I am told. just so they understand I am not going to take what they tell me as law.

I really am sorry tho that you did not get a decent person..if you feel they are too pushy you have the right to complain.

stephen
    04_pain.jpg