Bunion?

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 26. Apr 2012, 13:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi again,

I think I have a bunion :(

I have OA in my big toe in my left foot. I've been having aches and pains in my right big toe. Xrays only show up the OA in my left foot.

I took the kids swimming the other day and when I looked at my feet, there is a big reddidsh lump on the side of my foot! It's huge and very sore!

Any tips? Again :oops:

Magenta xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Eileen,

It does sound as if it might be? I haven;t had one but that's about all I haven't had.

My advice would be to get it looked at and if they offer go for the surgical sort out route.... have never once regretted anything they have done to the feet and one f the ops is similar to the bunion op I think, except I lost half the big toes joints on both feet.

Saying that a friend of mine had hers done and had a few problems with it as well... Swings and roundabouts eh?

I think I owe you a pm and promise to get that sorted.... I not been so good just of late flower but I do think about you just the same

Leaving tea and a ((((( ))))) and one thing I do know make sure you have shoes with enough width at the toe end so there is no pressure on the red bit but I would go to the gp and try and get it sorted a that's one thing they can do.

Love

Cris xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    It could be, magenta. There again, it might just be a spot where your shoes are a bit tight but ill-fitting shoes – and socks – are a likely source of bunion trouble. I’d get your GP to check it out but do also make sure your shoes and socks aren’t too tight and don’t rub near it. (I say socks because I always wear them now but, when I used to wear tights, I found them really uncomfortable on my bunion.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I've got a big painful bunions, but I can't face having anything done to them, I hate feet! They are getting worse and I cant' find shoes that are Ok for my back and knees etc, don't press on my bunions ........... I think I need putting down!!! :|