Sulfasalzine/Metho/Arcoxia

Options
Trees
Trees Member Posts: 11
edited 26. Apr 2012, 08:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Is anyone taking Metho, Arcoxia and Sulfa? I was on Metho, Arcoxia and Plaquenil, worked great until the Plaquenil gave me bad reaction so had to be stopped. Since then Rheumy are trying to get things under control again and have suggested the Sulfa and increasing the metho to 25mg per week. Am a tad scared about taking all of these meds as everytime things seem okay, it all spirals out of control and puts me back big time with coping with it all. :-(

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry only taking sulfa (no bad side affects) plaq and naproxen waiting till can stop that one again lol not my fav med good luck sure this will be the combination that helps val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I just take meth and hydroxychloroquine (plaquenil). If I needed to add the sulf I would. None of us like taking these meds but we are well-monitored when on them and the alternative is not good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I have been on Meth for the past couple of years now.

First tablets and now injections.

I have to say that the injections work much better than the tablets.

I was also on naproxen for a while, but problems with this so have since stopped taking it.

Also take Folic Acid after the the Meth injection.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Trees, I'm on sulph and injected humira and meth, and take diclofenac as and when needed. I also have blood pressure tablets thanks to the humira, omeprazole thanks to the diclo and FA which has been increased to three tablets per week. I also take co-codamol twice a day to help with pain. If I enjoyed better health then I would not need the drugs but as I don't, I do. I do, however, have the choice about whether to take them or not and I choose so to do so that I can protect my joints against further damage. Do they give me a better quality of life? Truth be told, no, but as I have at least another twenty or so years of this I need to ensure that I am as supported as I can be. This is the life I have and I have to make the best of it - the meds help a little with that, the rest is up to me. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben