DLA 2nd appeal tribunal on Monday 30th april

Options
tillypink
tillypink Member Posts: 212
edited 1. May 2012, 06:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
HELLO ALL,

Got my 2nd DLA tribunal appeal on Monday and the time has come for me to start bricking it again!

Don't think I'm gonna get it.. but still gonna try and plead my case to 3 strangers who just think of me as just a scrounger and a number and Im not really ill with server osteo arthritis in both hips legs, one leg shorter than the other walking when I can with crutches, anxiety and depression and arthritis now starting in my hands and wrist along with under active thyroid!

Not that I'm looking for sympathy at all as I know there is more people who are a lot worse off than me!! would just want some advice for Monday please and if anyone has won or lost 2nd DLA tribunal. :roll:

Thanks for ready

Lisa - tillypink xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tilly
    I will be in your pocket with you, has I am sure loads will be...Hopefully you are taking someone with you...especially with the help walking.
    Good luck with it..I will have everything crossed for you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'll be with you too. I'll send you all the positive thoughts I have and remember the waiting for anything is the worst bit!
    Lots of love, Sue xxx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Tilly

My Father had this problem , i do know they will assess how you get in and out of your car and how many steps you can take to get too your car , chin up i'm sure you will pass with flying colours . I will ask my dad if he has any tips for you .Good luck .
    fowls 48
  • tillypink
    Options
    Thank you all, yes my partners taking me as I can't drive anymore, have't for nearly a year now :cry: ! so relaying on everyone to help me etc!

x
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Oh Tilly, I really hate seeing genuine people having to jump through hoops just to get what they are entitled to when you hear of so many bloody cheats and scroungers.

Good luck hunnie, I shall bein your pocket.

Fols x
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Options
    Hi Tilly

Good luck,

il be thinking of you, hope it goes well .

I know what its like, i went to a tribunal for my ESA , the waiting is the worst part of it.

Once again good luck :)
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    this really makes my blood boil.. I thought it was about how far you can walk without severe pain (sorry cant spell)...not how far you can actually walk..

I will me thinking of you hope it all goes well and get what is needed and hopefully you will get a compasionate judge who will see your problem and still to the ruling critiria and not his view..

stephen.
    04_pain.jpg
  • tillypink
    Options
    UPDATE:-
    Thanks all for Ur support, well had the DLA tribunal of sorts today.. but wasn't in there long, they want more info to support my claim and to help me, :? , so there gonna send an independent Dr out to my home to assess me at home??? then he/she will do a report for the Tribunal which will help as evidence, but they said its not a bad thing... so got to go back once dr's been out and have another tribunal.. bit weird but trying to keep positive!!

Anyone else been in similar situation please??

Many thanks

Lisa
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Blimey, never heard of that before but at least they can see exactly how hard it is for you. Have they said how much longer it's all likely to take as I can imagine you are getting a little tired of it all by now?

Fols x
  • tillypink
    Options
    thanks folara, yeah it is a bit.. can't believe the hurdles we have to jump through and yet there's others who get it handed on a plate! hope ur ok x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    If I was you I'd start a new thread about home visits by Doctors for DLA as there will be AC members who will have advice.

all the best
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein