hello

Options
fowls48
fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
edited 27. Apr 2012, 05:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone

My name is karen i have been diagnosed with R A .i think i am lucky enougn to have it in my feet hands and knees ,going crazy at the moment as i am in pain all the time .I am still working which keeps me going .I can see by some of your posts you still have a good sense of humour .looking forward to making some new friends on this forum .

Comments

• tinydancer
    tinydancer Member Posts: 74
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I too have just recently joined this forum :D
    I also have it in my hands & feet. Are you on any medication for it?
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
    Options
    Hi Karen and Tinydancer.
    welcome both to this lovely forum you ask any question
    you want and the kind and helpfull people on here will know the answer.
    i cannot help you as i have oa.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi,Welcome to you both,i have ra in my hands and feet and i think itis spreading to my knees and shoulders.I have only been on the forum for 10 months but have found great comfort from the people on here.At present i am on naproxen and a stomach protector (you need this when on naproxen)I am also on leflunomide which is an immunsurpressant and codeine for the pain,i have to be really carefull with the codeine as i got hooked on it and had to wean myself right down ,i now take 4 per day,these drugs can be scary but if you treat them with respect then hopefully they will help you there are lots out there so if one doesnt work you can always try something else.Do you go to rhemmy clinic or just your gp and are you on any meds .Mig
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Hi Karen, hi tinydancer,
    I'm glad you joined the forum although I am sure it would be much better if we didn't have to. I would very much like to welcome you both and assure you that we are a great bunch. I haven't been a member for too long myself but I found here many friendly people and lots of advice. I'm 33 and have RA for the last 8 years. If you have any questions I am sure there will always be someone who will answer them.
    Take care,
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Welcome to you both,

Hope you find the site useful and supportive, Although we are not medical professions we can share our experiences with one another and with people who understand which helps so you dont feel so alone.

I have inflammatory arthritis and osteo and when i was first going through my symptoms, the people on here were excellent and helped me a great deal.

Look forward to seeing you around.
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi welcome to both of you hope you enjoy the forum val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen and Tinydancer,

Welcome to you both from me as well and glad you found the forum.

Its a bit like being hit with a truck when you first find out and the fears run rot as well but it does get easier and they will sort you out some decent treatment and pain control soon I hope?

This is a good place and they are good folks so any questions don't go unanswered. nice to meet you both. Cris x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Karen, and a warm welcome from me too. I hope today is one of the good ones for ya hun..
    I'm sure you'll quickly make friends on here. It's a great place with lots of advice etc.
    And a good sense of humour is definitely helpful lol.

Be well :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Karen & Tinydancer, Welcome to the forum!! We do enjoy trying to keep each others peckers up and on the flipside we also try to be there for each other when things aren't so good. I hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to reading both your posts and threads in the future. :)