DLA nightmare finished!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited 8. May 2012, 11:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I just wanted to share my good news with you. As some of you may remember I have been appealing the DLA decision that I received recently. After 4 years of higher mobility and middle care, suddenly I was awarded lower care only! I appealed, of course, and they reconsidered their decision, which means I won't have to go to the appeal at all, as they put me back on higher M and middle C. It's indefinite as well but we all know that PIP is coming so things will change. Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you, who read my posts, gave me advice and kept my spirits up. This thing really put me down and cost me lots of stress and tears. I am glad it is finished, at least till next time... Thank you all for your support. I sometimes think that they refuse DLA or give rubbish awards to genuinely sick people only because they hope that we won't appeal.
Love,

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thats great news..

Am really chuffed you got what you deserve,,

Hope it continues when the new pip comes in too..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi

Great news, strain taken off you for now...Well done for appealing and not giving up...

elainex
    nesia wrote:
    Hi all,
    I just wanted to share my good news with you. As some of you may remember I have been appealing the DLA decision that I received recently. After 4 years of higher mobility and middle care, suddenly I was awarded lower care only! I appealed, of course, and they reconsidered their decision, which means I won't have to go to the appeal at all, as they put me back on higher M and middle C. It's indefinite as well but we all know that PIP is coming so things will change. Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you, who read my posts, gave me advice and kept my spirits up. This thing really put me down and cost me lots of stress and tears. I am glad it is finished, at least till next time... Thank you all for your support. I sometimes think that they refuse DLA or give rubbish awards to genuinely sick people only because they hope that we won't appeal.
    Love,
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Well done, nesia, for sticking it out.

I love delboy's comment :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I can stop fearing the brown envelopes for a while at least. All of sudden I find it easier to breathe.
    I really do feel like a David :D
    Love,
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    GREAT NEWS.Mig
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, its so easy to just give up when things get difficult and worrying, but I bet your glad you didn't! :) hope you enjoy the extra money!
    Love Sue
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Nesia this is such good news and a lovely post, its so good to know that when we support people it really does help
    But in the end it was all down to you,
    Good on you for not giving up xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    well done Nesia wish they had been kinder to me... i appealed asfar as possible and fought the appeal tribunals etc but still no... the CAB lady asked if my ra had got worse i said yes as it has so she started a new claim under the 'worse' part,
    so just waiting with baited breath....
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Nesia,

Glad you have won! Its all such a stupid thing isn't it?! The system is flawed and i think they are picking on the wrong people..... they do seem to be throwing as many off as possible and well glad you had the strength to appeal it and even more so that they did the right thing! Cris x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Great news Nesia!! Now the weight is taken off your shoulders and you can exhale! You can turn off the pause button that was on your life and get on living it. :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm thrilled Nesia. Well done and such a weight off your mind all round.

That award will help so much I know from reading your previous posts.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Yay, great news. Shouldn't have to fight to get what you are entitled too but at least for now you can breath a sigh of relief.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Sorry l am late on Nesia

but l am thrilled about your award. :D

I also agree with you and beleive it is just an attempt to slyly reduce the DLA 'bill'. I wonder if they hope we wont dare appeal incase we get nothing next time :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I really am pleased that it turned out this way eventually. I really needed this award as it makes my live easier in so many ways. And I wish all of you, who are still fighting for what you're rightly entitled to, that you get it . The government is definitely picking on the wrong people here.
  • liesa
    Options
    Nesia i'm so happy its turned out well for you, i'm still fighting,

i feel tearful when i think of this... one of my sons told me yesterday of someone who lives not far from me... he gets everything under the sun cos hes got a bad hip... and the kids with learning problems... this fella jumps on and off his big powerful motorbike and the mrs has one... he puts xmas decs on the roof of his house, he does get loads of disability benefits

he got a bad hip when he came off a bike some years back... he drives a big powerful car and just got it repaired and the parts were astronomical

really pisses me off.... no way is he a genuine case.... i know I am!!
    love and hugs
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Nesia I so agree with you that they are picking on the wrong people! You give hope that its possible to win so its so good to read it can be done. I just wish you hadn't had to go through the additional stress and agro... tis all wrong! Cris xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Fantastic well done i am really please for you , it must have been a strain the system is so messed up .

karen.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you Karen. It is a great relief that it's all finished now.
    Hi Cris, I hope my example will encourage others to appeal. Yes, it is stressful but it is worth it in the end.
    Dear Liesa, I really hope it will turn out well for you. I can understand what you're going through as I myself had to appeal on two occasions, so I know how stressful that is. I can't believe about that biker guy! Maybe you should take a photo of him putting his xmas lights on the roof and helpfully send it to DWP :mrgreen:
    Love,
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Leisa

have you tried your local MP???

Another lass on here did a year or so back and the help was invaluable to her. I also think they need to know that 'they' are picking on the vulnerable here.

Love

Toni xxx
  • liesa
    Options
    sorry i didnt answer sooner, have tried my local MP but didnt do anything... i have been renewing my claim since may last year, had appeal then tribunal then big fat no even tho i am worse... saw the CAB and they asked whether my RA had got worse and i said it had... so she has sent it off again... no again so now back to the tribunal this time i am going to attend and pee my pants so they see that part of problem...
    thanks xxx
    love and hugs